Masters in Quality Management and Control of Industrial SystemsVSB - Technical University of Ostrava
About this program
Masters in Quality Management and Control of Industrial Systems
The aim of the study program Quality Management and Control of Industrial Systems is to educate middle and top managers of manufacturing companies, design, research, development and other specialized institutions, especially for the industrial sphere of metallurgy and mechanical engineering, in relation to the automotive industry. The study is based on a balanced synergistic combination of quality management knowledge, managerial and economic knowledge and knowledge of modern control, information and communication technologies. Graduates of the study program will find employment as quality managers or quality engineers, as specialists in the field of process control using progressive control, information and communication technologies, and in a number of management functions at various levels of organization management.
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Quality Management Systems
- Applied Informatics and Control
- Engineering Materials
- Foundations of Mathematical Statistics
- Managerial Economics of an Industrial Enterprise
- Computer control
- Diploma Seminar
- Industrial Technologies
- Quality Planning II
- Special Statistical Method
- Strategic Management
- Computer Aided Quality Management II
- Diploma seminar I
- Information and communication technology
- Methods of Artificial Intelligence
- Change Management
- Diploma seminar II
- Economic Diagnostics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 2000 EUR per academic year
Graduates of study program:
- demonstrate knowledge of the nature of industrial technology management with an emphasis on knowledge interdisciplinarity;
- demonstrate knowledge of advanced concepts, approaches, methods and tools of modern quality management;
- demonstrate knowledge of quality planning and quality improvement methods;
- demonstrate knowledge of selected statistical methods for quality management and industrial systems management;
- know the principles, methods and tools of the business economy and advanced management of economic systems in the area of industrial technologies;
- know the financial and economic management of an industrial enterprise and its links to the business environment;
- demonstrate knowledge of conventional and unconventional modeling methods, technical measurement and experimental methods, and optimal control;
- demonstrate knowledge of the principles of complex industrial systems control based on programmable logic controllers, enterprise information systems and modern management methods including artificial intelligence methods.
Graduates of the study program are able independently and creatively:
- To solve aspects of the development of advanced quality management systems, including the application of the special requirements of different industries
- To apply on the basis of knowledge of the nature of industrial technologies, especially metallurgical, engineering and automotive industry, tools from the area of quality management and economic and financial management of the company
- To draw up a business entity strategy and a strategy for quality planning and improvement
- To select and apply appropriate methods of planning and improving the quality of products and processes
- To select and apply appropriate statistical methods for quality management and industrial systems management
- To apply tools from the area of economic and financial management of the company
- To participate in teamwork, but also lead creative teams in solving industrial management problems on an industrial-application and basic research
- To propose an optimal arrangement of machines and fixtures, material flow, continuity of workplaces in terms of their management and information and communication interconnection
- To monitor technological processes and develop analyzes and innovation concepts of inspection and control systems according to the needs of industrial processes
- To perform advanced analyzes, design and implementation of industrial process control systems for industrial companies through the application of modern computer, measurement and automation tools.
Graduates of the Quality Management and Control of Industrial Systems program will find employment especially in manufacturing organizations, but also in non-manufacturing organizations, such as engineering or business. They work as quality managers or quality engineers in various industries. They will also find employment in the field of modernization of process control using progressive control, information and communication technologies, as well as in the creation and use of advanced information and communication technologies and in the implementation and administration of business management and information systems. They will also find employment in specialist positions for the application of selected methods of quality management and industrial systems management and data analysis and in a number of management functions at various levels of organization management.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Masters in Quality Management and Control of Industrial Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!