The bachelor in biotechnology program aims to equip students with the following skills and knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the molecular basis of biological phenomena and processes through learning mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, as well as molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, biology of the cell and biotechnology
- Acquisition of deeper knowledge in the biochemistry of proteins, carbohydrates and lipid compounds, their structures and functions, as well as their metabolisms
- The skills to use various experimental techniques required for employment in the biotechnological industry, as well as various types of laboratories (analytical, research or industrial)
- Understanding of computer and language tools, their application for collection, analysis and presentation of data during professional work
- Preparing the student to conduct an independent or collaborative research practice, to discuss results, to formulate statements, and write reports
Upon successful completion of the first degree studies in biotechnology, graduates will have the basic knowledge in molecular basics of biological phenomena and processes and advanced knowledge in biochemistry. Students will be able to apply this knowledge in biotechnology, and will posses the skills to work in laboratory.
The graduate will be aware of the need to constantly improve the professional and personal competences by applying scientific methods and good experimental designs in scientific experiments. A deep understanding and ability to demonstrate laboratory safety procedures, as well as bioethical standards will be acquired through this biotechnology program.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
The University of Wroclaw (UWr) has a rich history of more than three centuries. Founded by Leopold I Habsburg, it evolved from a modest school run by the Jesuits into one of the biggest academic institutions in Poland. After World...
University of Wroclaw
Be the first to write a review!