Integrated Master's Degree in Aerospace Electronic Engineering (MEng)University of Southampton
About this program
Integrated Master's Degree in Aerospace Electronic Engineering (MEng)
Develop the skills to work on future interplanetary missions, or create new electronic systems for unmanned air vehicles. On this course, you'll explore the emerging technologies in aerospace engineering. You'll take group and individual projects to gain valuable technical and professional experience. Whatever topics you choose, you'll be well prepared for a career in the aerospace industry.
MEng Aerospace Electronic Engineering looks at the electronic systems that are vital for aircraft and spacecraft.
On this 4-year integrated master's, you'll learn essential engineering skills and specialise in aerospace topics, such as:
- flight mechanics
- navigation and control
- GPS and radar techniques
Our expert academics bring industry experience to the classroom. They have worked on projects with NASA and the European Space Agency.
As part of your electronic engineering for aerospace degree you can:
- design and build your own electronic circuits, systems and computer software
- use our research facilities, including a computer laboratory, high-voltage lab and a £110m clean room
- take part in a group design project, where you'll work for an industry or academic customer
- develop your enterprise skills with help from our startup supporter, Future Worlds
- study engineering management and law to help your career
You can take this course with an additional year-long, paid placement.
This degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
A*AA including mathematics (minimum grade A) and an additional required subject (minimum grade A)
A*A*B including mathematics (minimum grade A*) and an additional required subject (minimum grade A*)
AAAA including mathematics and an additional required subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass, with 38 points overall with 18 points required at Higher Level including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation, and 6 at Higher Level in Physics
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades A*A in A-level mathematics and an additional required A-level subject
- D* in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades AA in A-level mathematics and an additional required A-level subject
- We do not accept the BTEC Extended Diploma or the BTEC Diploma without additional A-levels.
- Applicants with a BTEC Extended Diploma or a BTEC Diploma should apply for the Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Geophysics Foundation Year
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Systems
- Flight Mechanics and Aerospace Systems Engineering
- Mathematics for Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Solid State Devices
- Aerospace Electronics Design
- Control and Communications
- Digital Systems and Signal Processing
- Electrical Machines
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- Mathematics for Electronics & Electrical Engineering Part II
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Radar Techniques and Applications
- Engineering Management and Law
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Part III Individual Project
- Space Systems Engineering
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Partial Differential Equations
- Automobile Systems
- Control System Design
- Digital Control System Design
- Integral Transform Methods
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Mechanical Power Transmission and Vibration
- Operational Research
- Power Systems Engineering
- Power Systems Technology
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Security of Cyber Physical Systems
- Signal and Image Processing
- Wireless and Optical Communications
- Group Design Project
You must also choose from the following modules in year 4:
- Advanced Wireless Communications Networks and Systems
- Applied Control Systems
- Bio/Micro/Nano Systems
- Biologically Inspired Robotics
- Electronics for Spacecraft
- GPS and its Applications
- Image Processing
- Individual Research Project
- Microsensor Technologies
- Modelling with Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Power Electronics for DC Transmission
- Robotic (Autonomous) Aerospace Vehicles
- Wireless Networks
- Wireless Transceiver Design and Implementation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and international students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Name of award: Aerospace Electronic Engineering
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 7
This degree is also a great foundation for further study at Master's or PhD level.
Your specialist skills as an aerospace engineer will be in great demand after you graduate. Most of our graduates go straight into electronic engineering and aerospace electronics jobs in high-tech companies.
You could work for a small or large aerospace company, join a high-tech start-up, or go into an aerospace engineering consultancy.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
University of Southampton
Want to know more about Integrated Master's Degree in Aerospace Electronic Engineering (MEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!