Master's Degree in Engineering PhysicsUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Engineering Physics
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Engineering Physics
The master's degree in Engineering Physics is oriented towards frontier engineering based on advanced education in physics. Specialist engineering fields such as nanotechnology, nanoelectronics and biomedical engineering require an ever-growing number of professionals who have extensive training in advanced physics and sound knowledge of quantum physics, complex system physics and device physics, which can be applied both at the nanoscopic scale and in large-scale facilities.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
Applicants must prove that they have a bachelor's degree in Physics or Engineering Physics and that they have passed 240 ECTS credits.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Phenomena and Complexity
- Large Facilities: Synchrotron and Neutron Sources
- Machine Learning with Neural Networks
- Numerical Methods for Continuum Systems
- Physics of Materials
- Project Management
- Quantum Matter
- Surface Engineering and Microdevices
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Complexity in Biological Systems
- Computational Astrophysics
- Master's Thesis
- Molecular and Soft Condensed Matter
- Stochastic Methods for Optimization and Simulation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €2,766
- Non-EU students: €4,149
60 ECTS credits
- Industries with a strong technology component.
- Basic and applied research centres.
- Frontier engineering in the field of nanotechnology.
- Research centres and large-scale facilities, as a qualified specialist.
- Doctoral training in research centres and universities.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Engineering Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!