About this program
Biomedical Materials and Devices
This Master's program constitutes a specialisation which can follow a wide range of 1st cycle degrees. Although a natural choice for those with degrees in Materials Engineering, it is also intelligible for graduates from other areas akin to either Materials or Biomedicine.
Accordingly, the program includes integration courses designed for those with 1st degrees in different areas in order to establish a common basis of concepts and language, as required by the interdisciplinarity of the biomedical area.
The purpose of attracting graduates from diverse backgrounds is both to correspond to the growing interest in linking the life sciences with other scientific areas, and to provide future masters with an added value regarding employability.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in the areas of Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Sciences Mechanical, Physical, and Chemical Engineering, Biology, and holders of other Degrees in similar areas.
- Foreign higher education degree in the same areas defined in 2.1, awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study program organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in the same areas defined in 2.1, recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
- The Scientific Council of the University of Aveiro may admit applicants proposed by the Director of the Study Cycle who do not meet the conditions specified above but whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum reveal an adequate preparation for frequenting the Masters program, in accordance with Article 17, Nº 1, d), Decree Law nº 74/2006, as expressed in DL nº 65/2018 of 16 August, and Article 47, Nº 1, d) of the Study Regulations of the University of Aveiro
- That which is indicated in points 2 to 4 is valid only for entry to the study cycle and does not confer any formal recognition of this degree on the holder of the qualification.
- Students enrolled in the 2019/2020 academic year in a cycle of University of Aveiro studies and who meet conditions for application in 2020/2021 may not apply for the same cycle of studies under the terms of this competition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Tissue Engineering & Terapeutics
- Laboratories in Biomedical Engineering
- Free Option
- Integrated Cell Biology
- Materials In Technology
- Ethics and Protocols
- Surfaces and Interfaces
- Human Biophysics
- Cyto-metrics And Immunology
- Materials Characterization Methods
- Laboratories of Molecular and Cellular Biomedicine
- Biomechanical Devices
- Medical Physics Instrumentation
- Project (Dissertation)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Local/EU Students: 1000€ per year
- International/Non-EU Students: 5500€ per year
Master's graduates are prepared to find employment in biomedical research laboratories, in industries manufacturing materials and components for biomedicine, and with suppliers of implantable components and devices and instruments for diagnosis, amongst others
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Want to know more about Biomedical Materials and Devices? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!