BSc (Construction Economics and Management)
The Department of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management aims to develop, by means of dynamic scientific education, independent and critically thinking graduates who will become leaders in their field. Over the past few years, the department has made significant contributions to the various professions and to the construction industry as a whole. The department maintains statutory accreditation by the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP), the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP), and the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP). Internationally, the department is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), both in the UK.
Economics, Business Studies, Accounting or Physical Science on level 4 (50%) is recommended.
- The UFS reserves the right to change the minimum requirements of each program or any other information without notifying you.
- There are specific admission requirements that you should meet if you want to study at any South African university. If you finished school in or after 2008 and have a National Senior Certificate (NSC), you need a performance level of at least 4 (50%) in four (4) of the seven (7) subjects included in your NSC subject package.
- Admission to study at the UFS is furthermore dependent on the following:
- Your application should meet all the minimum requirements for the program
- The program must have available space and capacity to admit students
- You have to submit valid school results with your application
- All admission requirements apply to first-year students in 2021.
- A minimum admission point (AP) of 32 is required, unless stated otherwise.
- Language of instruction on level 4 (50%).
- A minimum performance level of 5 (60%) in Mathematics. Depending on the program you are interested in, a higher performance level in Mathematics will be required.
- Both Life Sciences and Physical Science will be required for admission to most BSc programs; however, there are programs where you require either Life Sciences or Physical Science. Consult the Faculty Rulebook for more information.
- Participation in the NBT tests for Language and Mathematics is required.
- The admission requirements are a broad indication for entrance into the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences. Make sure you know the admission requirements of the program you are interested in.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Construction business management, production of real estate, operations management, and building management. Professional practising of quantity surveying, construction surveying, cost project management, property development and management.
About this institute
The University of the Free State
The University of the Free State is situated in Bloemfontein – the centre of South Africa. Bloemfontein serves as the capital of the Free State Province as well as the. Judicial Capital of South Africa. This beautiful city is also...
Want to know more about BSc (Construction Economics and Management)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!