MSc in Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities (MME-CONSTRUCT)Maastricht School of Management - MSM
MSc in Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities
The MSc in Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities (MME-CONSTRUCT) is an intensive yet exciting 2-year program. The full-time studies will provide you with a unique practical experience and prepares you to work at the interface of technology, engineering, management and economics. The masters program is jointly offered by the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM).
The MME-CONSTRUCT offers you an educational experience which integrates the technical and socio-economic requirements needed in the development and construction of industrial structures. Many industrial facilities suffer from design problems. These often arise from a lack of coordination between management and the engineers involved. This Master’s program combines the disciplines of management and engineering, and provides you with insights from both civil and mechanical engineering.
You will spend one year (the first and second semesters) at RWTH Aachen University. There you will attend the engineering lectures, and take part in exercises and practical courses in Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities at the RWTH Aachen University. In addition, the RWTH School of Business and Economics will offer you three essential management modules during your first year in Aachen.
The third semester will be spent at Maastricht School of Management in the Netherlands, where the focus will lie on the development of your competencies as a manager with a solid background and insights into core management processes, with a particular emphasis on sustainable development.
In the fourth semester you will have the opportunity to pursue a Master’s thesis, either at RWTH Aachen University or at Maastricht School of Management.
Upon successful completion of your masters studies, you'll receive a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University. The MSc in Management and Engineering programs are accredited by ASIIN.
Admission to the MME Program takes place on a competitive basis, and is based on the following requirements:
- Academic first degree: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science
- Good performance in your undergraduate studies
- A basic knowledge of business administration is needed as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge of management have to participate in a preparatory online course conducted by the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University before the beginning of the course (July to September).
- Professional work experience of no less than one year is expected.
- A certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below is also required:
– TOEFL – Internet based minimum of 90pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with at least a B grade,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University’s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Per semester € 5,500
- Total for entire 2-year M.Sc. program € 22,000
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands with a large network of students, alumni and partners across the globe. Studying in one of MSM’s management programs means you will...
Want to know more about MSc in Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities (MME-CONSTRUCT)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!