Master of Electromechanical Engineering TechnologyKU Leuven
Master of Electromechanical Engineering Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Master of Electromechanical Engineering Technology
Mechanical design and energy conversion are the cornerstones of this Program. Mechanical design begins with an idea, which is then shaped into a graphical design and executed into a finished product through a choice of materials, simulation, and production techniques. Energy conversion comprises all aspects of energy efficiency in this process.
Electromechanics sets the world in motion.In this Program, you will learn to realise and control movements in machines and devices.During lectures and labs, you will learn about the state of the art in the field of hydraulic drives and servomotors, and also how to devise a creative concept and develop it into a usable design in accordance with current standards using powerful calculation software. You can specialise in one of the following options:
- Intelligent Manufacturing - This option introduces you to the latest production techniques, looks at the way production systems operate, and discusses the intrinsic relationship between production and other business processes, especially in the design process. Special attention is paid to the potential of computer-based systems in this context. Moreover, you learn to operate in the area of tension between technology, economics, the environment, and ergonomics.
- Intelligent Mechanics - This option relates to designing, developing, and optimising automated mechanical machines. Supported by a strong background in electricity and mechanics, you dive more deeply into aspects such as advanced design methods, electronic operations, controls, measures and drives, data communication, and visualisation methods.
- Intelligent Mobility - This option deals with the sustainable application of smart mobility solutions. Examples include electric or hybrid cars fitted with intelligent recharging systems, vehicles that notify each other about accidents or traffic jams, and transportation systems that are optimally geared to one another. Intelligent Mobility also involves choosing materials and/or production methods causing the least ecological impact.
- Clinical Engineering - This option focuses on the inspiring domain of medical technology. After being introduced to the world of biomechanics, you rely on your strong background in mechanics and electricity to explore the technology of medical devices. Examples of topics that are discussed are surgical robotics and medical equipment in general.
All applications from students who have obtained a degree outside the Flemish Community are evaluated by both KU Leuven Admissions Office and the relevant master's Program director. Final admission decisions will made be at the discretion of the Faculty.
- Academic background: The candidate needs to have a honours bachelor's degree (B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Eng., etc.) or a master's degree in a related/cognate subject area, a solid background in science and mathematics and a clear affinity with the major.
- GRE test results: in order to be considered for admission, applicants are required to submit their GRE score (at the moment, there is no minimum requirement for GRE scores). Students who obtained a bachelor's or a master's degree in one of the EEA countries, the UK, or Switzerland are exempted from providing GRE scores. However, submitting GRE scores might still be considered as an asset when applying.
- English language proficiency: All applicants who have not obtained a previous diploma in a Program taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
The courses taught in English and Dutch.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees
Credits: 60 ECTS
This master’s Program opens up a whole spectrum of professional possibilities. Masters in Engineering Technology are active in the most diverse positions, sectors and professions all over the world. They are the engine of innovation in businesses and society. Depending on their interest, their engineering profile can range from technological expert to company manager.
Message the school
About this institute
KU Leuven. Inspiring the Outstanding
KU Leuven is Europe’s most innovative university. Located in Belgium, it is dedicated to research, education, and service to society. KU Leuven is a founding member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and has a strong European and...
Why study at KU Leuven
A Highly Ranked University
According to international rankings, KU Leuven is among the best 100 universities in the world. Moreover, KU Leuven was ranked as most innovative university of Europe by Reuters four years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019). All of KU Leuven’s disciplines proudly belong to the top 100 of their field. Scholars and researchers, teachers and visionaries, thinkers and makers all have their place in KU Leuven’s fertile intellectual habitat.
Most Innovative University in Europe
KU Leuven has been identified as Europe’s most innovative university for four years in a row by Reuters. By developing the most important drug against HIV, a new type of solar panel that converts oxygen into hydrogen and uncovering the secrets of Sagalassos, KU Leuven researchers have a profound impact on our everyday lives in nearly all fields of research. That innovative character is deeply embedded in the way we teach our students, by integrating relevant guest lectures, taking an Interdisciplinary approach and opening the most advanced research and education facilities.
A Comprehensive University
As a comprehensive university, KU Leuven offers a wide range of disciplines organized by 15 faculties. Each of these disciplines is ranked in the top 100 of its field according to the THE World University Rankings by subject. Half of the university’s faculties are even in the top 50 within their fields of study.
Want to know more about Master of Electromechanical Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!