Aerospace Engineering - Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering provides an advanced theoretical and/or research-oriented curriculum with significant depth in aerospace-specific disciplines, beyond the general fundamentals of the engineering bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a closely related area from an accredited college or university, for unconditional admissions.
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate or graduate GPA (on a 4.000 point scale) for unconditional admissions.
English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 100 Duolingo test score
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Graduate Seminar (Taken Three Times)
Engineering-Focus Electives, choose from the following:
- Orbital Mechanics
- Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics, Determination and Control
- Optimal Control Theory
Dynamics and Control
- Linear System Analysis and Control
- Nonlinear Systems and Control
- Digital Control Systems
- Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Systems
Structure and Materials
- Strength of Materials for Engineers
- Materials Selection in Design and Applications
- Introduction to Finite Element Method and Applications
Systems and Design
- Spacecraft Design
- Intelligent Sensing and Planning of Unmanned Aerial Systems
For more information about tuition fees for this program, please contact the school.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Conduct literature searches, comprehend advanced research materials and uncover connections between related work.
- Perform research, discovery and integration by applying advanced knowledge of aerospace engineering.
- Communicate clearly problems and solutions in aerospace engineering, both verbally and in writing.
About this institute
Kent State University
At Kent State University, people hail from every corner of the globe to do work that paves the way for a brighter tomorrow. Here, you’ll find world-class faculty serving as researchers and mentors, alumni leaders in business, healthcare, education, and...
Want to know more about Aerospace Engineering - Ph.D.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!