Master in Vehicle EngineeringKaunas University of Technology
Master in Vehicle Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
Before long, the world will have to deal with the inevitable problem of fossil fuel shortage, which will force us to look for alternative solutions for transporting people and goods. Transport researchers and government agencies need to address the growing negative impacts of the transport system on humans and the environment, and new knowledge from transport engineers is particularly needed.
In this KTU MSc Vehicle Engineering programme, you will acquire new knowledge and competencies necessary to meet the challenges of the contemporary transport industry. The curriculum of the programme was designed to educate you on the methodology for the development of green vehicles, that can be equipped with hybrid powertrains or running on alternative fuels, and exploration of scientific engineering solutions for improved performance of powertrains.
As a qualified vehicle engineering professional, you will significantly contribute to the safe and sustainable transport and logistics system of the future.
- Updated labs of Transportation and Mechatronic Systems, Aerodynamics equipped with a wind tunnel, DL, TRITOP technologies and VISSIM and VISUM software are open for student research projects
- You will use state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies and design environments, such as CATIA, ADAMS
- This is an MA+ study programme, which means that while studying, you will have the possibility to acquire individually chosen competences or select the career an expert path
What will you study?
- Research: systems, models, forecasting
- Vehicles: dynamics, reliability, safety
- Technologies: alternative fuel, hybrid power units, ITS
- Sustainable transport: advanced, ecological, integrated
Admission requirements for the Master's in Vehicle Engineering at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania are:
- a university Bachelor's degree (min. length - 180 ECTS) in transport/vehicle engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- Full-time studies 5157 €
- Price per credit 685,95 €
Master of Transport Engineering
Message the school
About this institute
Kaunas University of Technology
Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world...
Why study at Kaunas University of Technology
KTU, the main provider of research services for business and industry, one of the most active science institutions in Lithuania boasts impressive research facilities. In addition to state-of-the-art laboratories designed for studies, such as FabLab, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, Auto Diagnostics Lab and others, the laboratories of Santaka Valley and the Faculties equipped with the newest technology are open to student research and studies.
Want to know more about Master in Vehicle Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!