Automotive Collision Repair Technology Associate in Science DegreeFresno City College
About this program
Automotive Collision Repair Technology Associate in Science Degree
This hands-on program provides skills in sheet metal, fiberglass, frame straightening, welding, polishing, and painting. Training in this field is designed to prepare you for employment as an advanced apprentice trainee in body repairing and reconstruction finishing. We prepare you for I-CAR industry certifications.
Automotive collision includes instruction in dent repair, panel replacement and adjustment, window replacement and head light adjustments, rust removal and repair, paint, and estimating. We teach you to how to utilize environmentally friendly paint methods, and to properly use hand, air, electric and hydraulic powered tools. Students have the opportunity to work on vehicles, giving them real-world, on-the-job experience.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Required Core Courses
- Basic ACR, or Basic ACR, and Basic ACR
- Advanced ACR, or Advanced ACR, and Advanced ACR
- Technical Computer Applications
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Preparing for Employment Opportunities
- Introduction to Welding Technology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Straighten and fill damaged sheet metal.
- Mix and apply body fillers, puttys and plastic repair systems.
- Remove and reattach body panels and align.
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Fresno City College
Be the first to write a review!