Mechanical Design TechnologyFox Valley Technical College
About this program
Mechanical Design Technology
Develop the skills you need to be a productive team member in an engineering department. Learn how to work with mechanical engineers to prepare and interpret drawings of products and machine components. You’ll also learn how to solve design problems relating to shaft type and size, bearings, gears and fasteners. Your work may include investigation of strength requirements, material choice, product improvement or cost savings. Or you may work with engineers creating new consumer products. Either way, you’ll have a solid base of technical skills and great career possibilities.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Sketching and the Design Process
- CAD and Geometric Constructions
- Multiview Projections
- Section Views and Auxiliary Views
- Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Threads and Fasteners
- Gears and Cams
- Working Drawings
- Structural and Piping Drafting
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- Manufacturing Processes with Lab
- Metallurgy-Mechanical Design
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Design of Tooling
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- Design Problems
- Elements of Machine Design
- College Physics 2
- Introduction to SolidWorks
- CATIA V5 – Basic
- Introduction to Autodesk Inventor
- Written Communication
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Think Critically & Creatively
- College Algebra and Trigonometry with Applications
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Entrepreneurship, Introduction to
- Intro to Product Design & Rapid Prototyping
- CATIA V5 – Advanced
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Mechanical Design Occupational Experience
- 3D Modeling and Materials
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Estimated program cost: $9,744.31
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 61 Credits
- Prepare detail and assembly drawings for documentation of mechanical components and products.
- Create CAD geometry, parts and assemblies.
- Design mechanical components and products.
- Analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- Select purchased parts.
- Associate Designer
- Design Engineer
- Drawing Coordinator
- Electrical Designer
- Engineering Technician
- Mechanical/Product Designer
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to know more about Mechanical Design Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!