Master of Engineering (Mechanical)Engineering Institute of Technology
Master of Engineering (Mechanical)
All available course dates
About this program
Master of Engineering (Mechanical)
This Online Master of Engineering Mechanical qualification will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the modern mechanical engineering industry. Students with a background in mechanical, instrumentation & control, electrical, or industrial plant and systems engineering will be particularly well-placed to benefit from this program as it is designed to prepare you for further career development in the mechanical design and maintenance industries. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in mechanical engineering.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Check out other Postgraduate Engineering Study Options at EIT.
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) and Series,
- Multivariable Calculus, and
- Linear Algebra
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Materials for Engineers
- Heat Transfer
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Pumps, Compressors, Turbines and Drives
- Process Engineering
- Professional Engineering Management
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Industrial Gas Turbines
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Finite Element Method
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
- Introduction to Aerodynamics
- Project Thesis (taken over 2 terms)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our master’s degrees take two years to complete. We deliver our online master’s degrees on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
Master of Engineering (Mechanical) – Mapping of Program Learning Outcomes with Graduate Attributes and Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies for Professional Engineers.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical engineering design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, field services, and technical support
- Oil & gas
- Industrial project management and business development
- Maintenance and condition monitoring
- Automotive engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Cities/councils and water corporation
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about Master of Engineering (Mechanical)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!