Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)
This Online – Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation) qualification is inspired and driven by industry, with a strong theoretical underpinning. Concept relevance and knowledge that is critical in this fast-moving work environment has propelled the program design process. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and expertise in the latest developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation.
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) and Series,
- Multivariable Calculus, and
- Linear Algebra
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Industrial Automation Introduction
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control Systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Electrical Engineering for Industrial Automation
- Professional Engineering Management
- Industrial Data Communications
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Machine Learning for Industrial Automation
- SCADA and Distributed Control Systems
- Advanced Process Control
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methods
- Project Thesis (taken over 2 terms – equivalent to 4 units)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Our master’s degrees take two years to complete. We deliver our online master’s degrees on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
What you will gain from this course:
- An accredited Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation) qualification
- Deepen your technical knowledge in Industrial Automation Engineering
- Learn from industry practitioners and leading academics
- Higher earning potential
- Global professional recognition
- Investigate, analyse and present technical ideas, information and solutions on Industrial Automation problems and projects.
- Identify, critically analyse and creatively solve intellectually complex, specialised professional engineering problems in electrical engineering, safety design, instrumentation, communication, and industrial process control systems relevant to Industrial Automation.
- Use skills in established systematic design and project management methodologies, to source, analyse, synthesise, design and communicate projects and information.
- Demonstrate scientific, mathematical, design and international standards perspectives as ethical Professional Industrial Automation Engineers.
- Apply fundamental electrical engineering principles; synthesise control system strategies; evaluate hazard, risk and performing safety system design; assess modern instrumentation and control equipment; validate knowledge of industrial data communications; conduct systematic project management.
- Graduates will execute applied research projects with independent scholarship, advanced research, planning, and leadership with accountability and sound research ethos.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Process control, commissioning and production management
- Plant, factory and building automation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and SCADA
- Industrial design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Controls, instrumentation, and robotics
- Industrial project management and business development
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!