52886WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation EngineeringEngineering Institute of Technology
About this program
52886WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation Engineering
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. Upon completion of this program, students emerge from the course able to demonstrate specialised and integrated technical and theoretical knowledge, with considerable depth, in subject matter related to industrial automation engineering.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Instrumentation for Automation and Process Control
- Use basic mathematics in engineering
- Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering (for Non-Chemical Engineers)
- Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
- Apply the fundamentals of professional engineering practice
- Process Control and Tuning of Industrial Control Loops
- Best Practice Industrial Data Communications
- Distributed Control Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Advanced Process Control and Boiler Control
- Hazardous Areas and Hazops
- Safety Instrumentation and Shutdown Systems
- Printed Circuit Board Design Issues
- Wireless Ethernet and TCP/IP Networking
- Radio Telemetry Systems
- SCADA Systems
- IoT Systems
- Motor Protection, Control and Maintenance Technologies
- Power Distribution
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest engineering technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation Engineering
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate contemporary issues in industrial automation engineering
- Apply their knowledge of automation to understand key components of industrial applications, specifically process control and loop tuning, plant layout, piping design, distributed control systems, motor control and PLCs, plus hazardous areas, safety instrumentation, shielding and noise.
- Formulate effective wireless and TCP/IP communication and networking procedures
- Apply knowledge of wireless ethernet, radio telemetry and networking to SCADA systems.
- Analyse trends in the “internet of things
- Utilise knowledge of power distribution to aid in automation system optimisation
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives and develop knowledge of professional practice in engineering
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Analyse, diagnose, plan, design and execute solutions with respect to industrial automation engineering
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Automation/Controls Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Industrial Service Technician
- Field Technician
- Process Control Technician
- Project Supervisor
- Engineering Associate
- Maintenance Supervisor
- PLC System Engineering/Associate
- Electronics Field Technician
- Equipment Tradesperson and Machine Repair
- Simulation Technician
- Automation Supervisor
- Electronics Assembler
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about 52886WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Automation Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!