About this program
52884WA Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
This program aims to impart the necessary mechanical engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Five threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of mechanical engineering. These threads comprise of fundamentals of mechanical engineering technologies, applications of mechanical engineering technologies, energy systems, industrial automation, and management. Due to the global nature of mechanical engineering today, students are exposed to international standards.
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) and Series,
- Multivariable Calculus, and
- Linear Algebra
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Use basic mathematics in engineering
- Structural Mechanics
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- AC Electrical Motors and Drives
- Pumps, Compressors and Turbines
- Lubrication and Mechanical Seals
- Rotating Equipment Balancing, Alignment and Condition Monitoring
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning
- Process Plant Layout, Piping and Pipeline Systems
- Machinery Safety and Safe Lifting
- Apply the fundamentals of professional engineering practice
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Industrial Automation
- Measurement and Control Systems
- Management of Hazardous Areas
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on an intensive part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest mechanical engineering technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate contemporary issues in mechanical engineering practice
- Formulate engineering solutions suited to hydraulic and pneumatic applications
- Differentiate and justify appropriate mechanical engineering technologies for process control systems
- Assist with the development of appropriate procedures necessary to operate and maintain mechanical equipment and process instrumentation
- Understand the application of engineering principles, processes and systems
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives and develop knowledge of professional practice in engineering
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Engineering Associate
- Project Supervisor
- Equipment Services Technician
- Mechanical Technician
- Field Technician
- Mechanical Specialist
- Process Service Technician
- Production Technician
- Technical Officer
- Condition Monitoring Technician
- Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson
- Technical Sales Officer
- Mechanical Estimator
- Procurement Officer
- Machiner Operator
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about 52884WA Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!