52883WA Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
52883WA Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)
This applied, industry-focused advanced diploma covers a variety of skills such as electrical technology fundamentals, rotating machinery and transformers, energy efficiency, earthing and safety regulations, and operation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical engineering.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Use Basic Mathematics in Engineering
- Electrical Circuits
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Electrical Drawings
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Switchgear
- Electrical Machines
- Power Cables and Accessories
- Earthing and Lightning / Surge Protection
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Safety and Wiring Regulations
- Testing, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Use
- Power Quality
- Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives
- DC and AC High Reliability Power Supplies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on an intensive part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest electrical system engineering technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate contemporary issues in electrical systems engineering
- Differentiate and justify appropriate electrical distribution equipment and protection systems
- Assess and implement relevant earthing and safety regulations
- Develop appropriate procedures necessary to operate and maintain electrical equipment
- Formulate engineering solutions to scenarios related to electrical and instrumentation systems in the industry
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Manage complex projects on time and within budget
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives within organisation that have outputs based on engineering application
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Instrumentation technician
- Electrical technician
- Service technician
- E&I technician
- Automation technician
- Engineering Associate
- Project Supervisor
- Senior technician
- Field service technician
- Electrical Supervisor
- Industrial field service technician
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Want to know more about 52883WA Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!