52882WA Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering for Oil and Gas FacilitiesEngineering Institute of Technology
About this program
52882WA Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus and covers a variety of skills such as electrical engineering and instrumentation and control engineering. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in electrical and instrumentation (E&I) engineering for oil and gas facilities.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field;
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent;
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Power Distribution
- Fundamentals of Process Instrumentation
- Electrical Drawings, Documentation and Schematics
- Use basic mathematics in engineering
- Switchgear for Power Distribution
- Cables and Wires – Maintenance and Installation Practice
- Safety, Earthing, Bonding, and Lightning Protection
- Power Quality and Power Protection
- AC Electrical Motors and Variable Speed Drives
- Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- General Instrumentation Standards and Best Practice in Drawings
- Process Control Basics
- Calibration, Installation and Maintenance of Instruments
- Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Create PLC programs using IEC 61131-3
- SCADA and Distributed Control Systems
- Industrial Data Communications
- Safety Instrumentation and Emergency Shutdown Systems (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508)
- Wellhead and Flowline Control Systems
- Oil and Gas Specific Applications for FPSO Facilities
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you Feesl that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular module challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
- Skills in the latest electrical and instrumentation technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering for Oil
- and Gas Facilities
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate contemporary issues in electrical and instrumentation in the oil and gas industry
- Differentiate and identify appropriate electrical distribution equipment and protection systems
- Assess and implement relevant earthing and safety regulations
- Develop appropriate procedures necessary to operate and maintain electrical equipment and process instrumentation
- Analyse process control systems
- Differentiate and justify appropriate process control equipment and protection systems related to valves, SCADA, instruments, shutdowns and flowlines
- Formulate engineering solutions to typical scenarios related to electrical and instrumentation systems inthe industry.
- Manage complex projects on time and within budget
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives within organisations that have outputs based on technological application and develop professional practice in the field
- Communicate professionally and effectively
Graduates of this program may find roles as:
- Instrumentation technician
- Electrical technician
- Service technician
- E&I technician
- Automation technician
- Engineering associate
- Project Supervisor
- Senior technician
- Field service technician
- Electrical Supervisor
- Industrial field service technician
- Production technician
- Oil & Gas technician
- Reservoir engineering associate
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about 52882WA Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!