BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental EngineeringAbertay University
BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
MEng/BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering
By studying Civil and Environmental Engineering at Abertay, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to become a Chartered Civil Engineer. You’ll also help contribute to the health and wellbeing of individuals, communities, and societies by understanding interactions between buildings, infrastructure, and the environment.
This degree will give you a firm grounding across a wide range of civil and environmental engineering applications, with plenty of practical and hands-on experience gained through industry partners, including Transport Scotland, Balfour Beatty, Sweco, BAM, and BEAR Scotland.
As you progress, you’ll get a chance to work directly in the industry – an integrated part of your degree – and to take a deeper focus on specific areas that impact the built, human and natural environment.
- All applicants must have passes in English and Maths - National 5 grade C or GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent. National 5 ESOL is accepted in lieu of National 5 English. National 5 Lifeskill Maths is not accepted in lieu of Maths.
Subjects that are accepted for entry
- One of the following: Business Management; Classical Studies; Economics; English; ESOL; Geography; History; Media Studies; Modern Studies; Philosophy; Politics; Psychology; Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies; Sociology
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Engineering Science 1
- Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Introduction to Environmental Sciences
- Engineering Science 2
- Landscape Processes and Surveying
- Structural Engineering 1
- Construction and Surveying
- Water Resources and Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Science 3
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering 2
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Practice
- Structural Design and Geotechnical Engineering
- Waste and Wastewater Management
- Research Methods (4)t
- Integrating Project
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Project
- Water and Environmental Engineering 1
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
4 years (full-time) BEng (Hons) | 5 years (full-time) MEng
- Scottish & EU Students: £1,820
- English, Welsh & Northern Irish Students: £9,250
- International Students: £14,000
Award Title: MEng/BEng (Hons)
Exciting opportunities exist for graduates from this program, with employment prospects in:
- professional consulting engineer
- Major civil and environmental engineering contractors
- Specialist project management organizations
- Local authorities (municipalities), public and private Utilities
- Transportation organization
Message the school
About this institute
Abertay University, in Dundee, is the UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021) and a UK top 10 institution for both student satisfaction and teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021). Having...
Want to know more about BEng (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!