Nordic Master in Environmental EngineeringAalto University
About this program
Nordic Master in Environmental Engineering
Environmental technologies and green engineering are amongst the fastest-growing markets in the world and there is growing demand for innovative solutions and new graduates
The Nordic Master degree in Environmental Engineering (eNviro5Tech) joint MSc program combines a variety of resources to create the most comprehensive degree in environmental engineering in the world.
eNviro5Tech is offered by Nordic Five Tech, a strategic alliance of the five strongest technical universities in the Nordic region, with partners in Denmark (DTU), Sweden (Chalmers University of Technology), Norway (NTNU) and Finland (Aalto University). The program involves a set of five predefined study tracks that lead to double Programs in environmental engineering.
- BSc degree corresponding to a minimum 180 ECTS credits in:
- Civil or Environmental Engineering or other relevant degree
- The applicant's qualifications must include a strong working knowledge of mathematics and physics, and applicants must document that they have fulfilled the following minimum requirements:
- Mathematics: 20 ECTS, including linear algebra, calculus and differential equations.
- Physics: 10 ECTS.
- Applicants with a Polytechnic (FI), Högskoleingeniör (SE) and Diplomingeniør (DK) degree may be expected to do extra course work to qualify for the program.
- In addition, a background in chemistry (minimum of 5 ECTS) is required.
English language proficiency
When applying for admission, you must provide evidence of your academic achievements and proficiency in English. Certified photocopies of relevant documents must be enclosed with the application.
From Autumn 2017 the English language requirements can be fulfilled by
- Paper-based: 580 (written section grade 4.5)
- Computer-based test: 237 (essay writing grade 4.5)
- Internet-based test: 92 (written section grade 22)
- IELTS: 6.5, no section lower than 5.5 (only IELTS Academic accepted)
- Cambridge Advanced English: 180
For more information, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The eNviro5Tech program is in the subject area of environmental engineering and technology. The program has two focuses: understanding and sustainable management of impacts on the environment caused by human activities and the development of new technologies to address environmental challenges.
eNviro5Tech addresses some of the most pressing current political issues, such as climate change, sustainable generation of energy, management and renewal of aging urban infrastructure, provision of safe drinking water and contaminated land and waste management. Environmental engineering is an interdisciplinary science, bridging all the sciences and placing them in a social, economic and legal context. Within the discipline, there are areas of specialization, offered through focused subject areas. Your studies will include lectures, seminars and a large amount of project work. In many courses, the preferred learning approach is problem-based learning (PBL), which is characterized by the usage of real-life situations and group work as a starting point for learning and giving students the responsibility for obtaining knowledge.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website
Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with a Master of Science (Technology) degree.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!