Master's Program in Mechanical EngineeringAalto University
About this program
Master's Program in Mechanical Engineering
The Master's Program in Mechanical Engineering at Aalto University in Finland is a multi-technical education which utilises seminars, practical exercises, lectures and individual, as well as group, projects to provide students with advanced skills and knowledge that can be applied to relevant industrial problems.
Students choose three of the following five modules (20 credits each) to form the basis of their studies:
- Product Development: emphasises is placed on interdisciplinary, integrated project development; students learn about project-working practices and product development processes so that they may apply the expertise acquired on more technically-oriented courses
- Mechanics of Materials: aims to teach students how to apply methods for advanced component and structure dimensioning, analysis and testing, and includes courses on the finite element method, fatigue and fracture assessment and material modelling
- Digital Design and Manufacturing: focuses on computer-aided design (CAD), computer aided engineering (CAE) and digital manufacturing including welding and casting; aim is to learn to apply digital design methods and tools in to an integrated design-manufacturing and product life management (PLM) process.
- Mechatronics: teaches the working principles of mechatronics components and systems; project and team work approaches are used to help students learn and apply machine design process principles in the design of mechatronic systems
- Innovative Structural Design: includes courses on design and assessment of composite, lightweight and large complex structures; structural reliability and optimisation, with a particular focus on ship structures and aircraft engineering, are emphasised
Applicants to the Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering must be proficient in English and possess an appropriate Bachelor´s degree or an equivalent qualification. For more information, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For non-EU/EEA citizens: €15000/year
Upon completion of the Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Program, students are awarded with a Master of Science (Technology) from Aalto University.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!