Master's Program in Advanced Energy Solutions - Sustainable Energy Conversion ProcessesAalto University
About this program
Master's Program in Advanced Energy Solutions - Sustainable Energy Conversion Processes
Alternative energy conversion processes are a critical component in the energy system of tomorrow.
Interested in a career in energy for our society? Want to be involved in the development of rapidly-changing energy systems of the future? The Master’s program in Advanced Energy Solutions may be the perfect match for you.
We are currently moving toward an energy system that is sustainable, smart and flexible. The energy transition requires new ways of thinking about energy, including its sources, production, markets, transmission and use. The Master's Program in Advanced Energy Solutions is an excellent place to start reshaping our energy system.
The Master's Program in Advanced Energy Solutions is divided into four majors. Studies in all majors begin by building a solid theoretical basis, which is then expanded upon in interdisciplinary and advanced studies to expand your view of the energy challenges facing our society
The Sustainable Energy Conversion major focuses on both the background physical and chemical phenomena – such as heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid flows – as well as energy conversion systems as whole. Graduates will gain an understanding of the big picture of sustainable energy conversion pathways, which is of utmost importance for operating the energy system effectively while minimising its environmental impact.
Applicants to the program must first meet the general eligibility criteria and language requirements common to all Master’s programs in Advanced Energy Solutions.
The selection process for the major Sustainable Energy Conversion Processes is competitive and paper-based. Applications that pass the eligibility check of Aalto University Admissions Services (administrative evaluation) proceed to the program specific academic evaluation.
The following academic evaluation criteria will be used:
- university/higher education institution; recognized for high quality of education and research
- degree and relevance of studies; suit very well or excellent to the study option
- academic performance; need to be mainly very good or excellent
- motivation and commitment; should be clearly in connection with the study option
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Major Common Courses
- Thermodynamics in Energy Technology OR Engineering Thermodynamics, Separation Processes, part I
- Power plants and processes
- Heat Transfer
- Combustion technology
- Fluid Dynamics OR Fluid Flow in Process Units
- Advanced Energy Project
- Measurement and Control of Energy Systems
- Exercises in Energy Technology
- Numerical Modeling of Multiphase Flows
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Energy, Environment and Emission Control
- Plant Biomass
- Thermochemical Processes
- Catalysis for Biomass Refining
- Biomass Pretreatment and Fractionation – in Class
- Fundamentals of Chemical Thermodynamics
- Process Automation
- Materials for Renewable Energy
- Electrochemical energy conversion
- Advances in New Energy Technologies
- Solar Energy Engineering
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Technology
- Advanced Wind Power Technology
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mass Transfer
- Power Process Simulation
- Thermodynamics of Modeling and Simulation
- Computational Fluid Modelling L
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For non-EU/EEA citizens: €15000/year
Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with a Master of Science (Technology) degree.
Graduates of the program can serve as experts in at least one of the following areas: renewable energy, energy conversion technologies, bioenergy or computational energy technology. Our graduates are also well equipped to pursue doctoral studies.
Typical employers include energy companies, R&D departments of energy industries, engineering and consulting companies as well as universities or research institutes. Graduates will be able to apply novel, adaptive and socially intelligent thinking and enhance interdisciplinary collaboration with well-trained project management skills for entrepreneurship initiatives concerning energy solutions.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!