Digital Transformation Series: Your Disruptive Advantage in the Digital SocietyVrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Digital Transformation Series: Your Disruptive Advantage in the Digital Society
Digital technologies have proliferated in various aspects of businesses with the introduction of new functionalities that can change competitive industries, thereby transforming conventional business strategies, structures, and processes. Trending digital technologies include social media, big data, virtual currencies, 3D printing, mobile, and cloud solutions. These technologies allow businesses to collaborate, leverage resources to design and develop products and services in a new and innovative and cost-effective way. Using digital technologies can increase the potential of the business value and can dramatically reduce the cost, for example by reducing the cost to enter markets, production cost, marketing cost, and resource bottlenecks for new ventures. Using digital technologies has changed and shaped the way individuals perform daily activities and has reinterpreted what it means to be a customer.
This has created an immense ambiguity and unease which continues to accelerate in the business environment as the rate of new technologies is exponentially increasing, simultaneously competition has become increasingly fierce. However, these disruptions and changes are creating opportunities, offering new tools and methods to compete in the digital age. This course will draw on research that undercovers the fundamental shifts from conventional methods to fundamentals of digital strategy, digital product offering, organisational innovation, learning, and agility. This course provides an integrated view of the requirements, challenges, and opportunities that digital transformation offers.
Chat live with students from VU
Do you want to know what it's like to study at VU? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Who Should Join
Master’s students and PhD candidates from all disciplines
Course level: Master students, PhD and professionals
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
With the emphasis on ‘how-to’, the participants will complete the course having the ability to:
- Series 1 - Learn: Explore a comprehensive understanding of the impact of disruption and technology on businesses. Learn how the process of digital transformation requires a fundamental shift in multiple stages of the organisation’s value chain such as Governance, Strategy, Business Processes, Infrastructure, and Organisational Structure.
- Series 2 - Adapt: Understand the importance of change and flexibility within the digital transformation sphere. Learn how to build an adaptive collaborative culture that adopts an open mindset and willingness to enhance workforce capabilities required to successfully transform the organisation.
- Series 3 - Technologies: Explore different available digital technologies such as Cloud and Mobile solutions, the Internet of Things, etc. to truly transform the business by introducing new business models.
- Series 4 - Roadmap: Create a road map for implementing a digital transformation strategy and action plan for an organisation.
- Series 5 - Value: Understand that digital transformation is to create and capture value, thus the value should be measured. Learn how to gather the right data to measure the level of digital transformation within a new/adapted business model of an organisation.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Lectures, workshops that include – online group work and interactive group discussion
Students and PhD Students: €600
Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1 October (Early Bird Discount): -€50
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of participants
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity
Credits - 3 ECTS
About this institute
Welcome to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (‘VU Amsterdam’) is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. The university offers over 175 English-taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level to more than 26,000 students from all over the world. Students and staff...
Why study at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
With more than 24,000 students, of which 4,088 are international, VU Amsterdam conducts cutting-edge research into problems of societal and scientific importance.
They distinguish themselves in research and education through four interdisciplinary themes:
- Human Health and Life Sciences
- Science for Sustainability
- Connected World
- Governance for Society
As a student this will help you to look beyond the boundaries of scientific disciplines, and to seek for tangible solutions for a better world.
In addition, VU Amsterdam regards diversity, whether in culture, conviction, nationality or prior education, as source of innovation and progress, and hence as special strength.
The Dutch higher education system has been ranked in the top 10 by Universitas 21. In the first Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking, VU Amsterdam is ranked 16th worldwide. In this ranking, universities are assessed based on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in order to measure the impact of the universities on society. In the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018 (Shanghai Ranking) VU Amsterdam holds the 104th position. The international QS World University ranking 2021 places the Vrije Universiteit at number 236 in the world, which means the Vrije Universiteit belongs to the top 20% of the world.
At VU Amsterdam, the teaching style can be described as student-centred: they encourage students to develop their own opinions through independent and creative thinking. This means that teaching is mainly conducted in small tutorials, where interactivity is the norm rather than the exception. At every opportunity, students are encouraged to engage in constructive dialogue with their professors.
Want to know more about Digital Transformation Series: Your Disruptive Advantage in the Digital Society? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!