Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
About this program
Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)
Energy and Energetics are part of almost all human activities. Graduates will find employment especially in engineering, metallurgical and energy companies, design organizations, but also in state administration bodies, banks, financial or trade offices, etc.
Students of the field will become familiar with transformation and use of energy, use of raw materials, incl. biomass and waste as well as transmission phenomena in energy processes. The knowledge of energy process diagnostics will be used to master the design of power machines and equipment (ie boilers, compressors, pumps, heat or water turbines, equipment for the use of alternative or renewable energy, ...).
Criteria for Admission
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Combustion Equipments
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Mathematics IV
- Nuclear Power Eguipment
- Refrigeration Systems and Heat Pumps
- Water Management in Energetics
- Chemistry in Energy Industry
- Combustion Turbines and Engines
- Compressors, Fans and Pumps
- Energy Accumulation and Economy
- Energy Utilisation of Biomass and Waste
- Modeling of fluid flow with heat transfer
- Steam Generators I
- Compendium of Mathematics IV
- Construction Exercise
- Environment Techniques
- Heating Stations and Energy Networks
- Soft skills, collaboration with praxis or abroad
- Solar Energy and Fuel Cells
- Steam Turbines
- CAD II
- Diploma Project
- Equipments of Processing Plant
- Rotating Electrical Machines
- Soft Skills I
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 4000 EUR per academic year
Students will acquire professional skills for economic and ecological management of the dominant part of the Czech energy industry.
- Thermal energy equipment and industrial energy, heating, nuclear energy or the use of secondary energy sources, ...
- Alternative energy equipment, environmental techniques, ventilation and air conditioning, alternative and renewable energy sources and energy recovery of biomass and waste.
- Construction of steam boilers and thermal installations with thermal calculations, design and construction of steam boilers, materials and strength dimensioning of boiler parts or design methodology in the field.
- Nuclear power equipment, including thermal and hydraulic calculations, design and construction of nuclear power plant components.
Graduate's general competence
The aim of the study is to form a professional profile of a graduate who will work as a designer or. as an operator of energy facilities with knowledge of technical, economic and environmental categories.
Graduates are eligible for:
- in power engineering, development, design, construction, calculation, manufacturing, assembly and testing,
- in power plant and heating plant operation management,
- in the construction of thermal and nuclear energy,
- in institutions, institutions and state administration departments dealing with energy, safety and environmental care,
- for energy companies, including the possibility of self-employment (energy auditing, consulting and advisory services).
Here they are able to further educate and educate their co-workers at workplaces, they are able to communicate with their superiors as well as with the employees they lead.
An important part of their competence is the presentation of experience gained in professional circles.
Graduates can obtain the EURING - EuroEngineering degree and can continue their doctoral studies in full-time or distance form.
In the labor market, these graduates are extremely interested, graduates easily find employment and work well in practice, be it design, operation or management.
At present, they also hold important positions in the management of large multinational companies such as executives, chairmen of boards of directors, boards of directors, etc.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Want to know more about Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Engineering)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!