Light Engineering (BA)Vilnius University
About this program
Light Engineering (Lasers) (BA)
The objective of Light Engineering studies is to achieve the fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, and mathematics, the applied understanding of material synthesis and characterization, operation principles of lasers, photovoltaic and light-emitting devices, and, finally, to develop and train the practical technological and engineering skills needed for work in lasers, laser technology, modern lighting, photovoltaics, photonics and semiconductor industries enterprises.
- Matura (high school leaving) certificate;
- The selection criteria are based on the weighted average of relevant grades in mathematics, physics, native language and English (foreign) language.
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- General Physics I
- Higher Mathematics I
- English for Specific Purposes
- Study Skills and Computer Literacy for Physicists
- Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Technical Drawings
- General Physics II
- Higher Mathematics II
- Research and Innovation Management
- Numerical Methods I
- General Education Electives I
- General Physics III
- Solid State Physics
- Visual Programming
- Applied Electronics I
- General Education Electives II
- General Physics IV
- Computerized Physical and Technological Measurements
- Numerical Methods II
- Semiconductors Growth Technologies
- Laser Technology
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Solar Energy and Photovoltaics
- General Education Electives III
- Optoelectronic and Lasers Engineering
- Metrology of Light Sources and Components
- Optical System Design
- Materials Characterization Techniques
- Course Project
- Professional Practice
- Final Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition price for local/EU students and International/Non-EU students is 3524 EUR/year.
Credit points: 240 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Bachelor in Technological Sciences
Having completed Light Engineering program a graduate acquires professional competence to carry out complex work which requires the fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, and mathematics, as well as applied understanding of material synthesis and characterization, operation principles of lasers, photovoltaic and light emitting devices, and the practical skills of programming, general lighting design, and standard laboratory procedures. The graduates will gain the technological skills and engineering competences in the following fields of high-tech: understanding of optical systems operation, analysis and development; knowledge of semiconductor electronic and optoelectronic devices operating principles; material synthesis and knowledge of technological processes; understanding of the principles of operation of modern lasers; modern digital modelling techniques, the software for the process automation and control.
- The graduates will acquire knowledge and competencies to pursue a carrier in the light technology industry in Lithuania or abroad.
- Also, they will be able to continue their studies at Masters and PhD levels. The nearest postgraduate directions - laser physics and optical technology, laser technology, material science and semiconductor physics, Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Light Engineering (BA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!