Master of General Engineering - Innovative Solutions In GeomaticsVilnius Gediminas Technical University
About this program
Master of General Engineering - Innovative Solutions In Geomatics
The measurement engineering specialist, with the up-to-date specialized knowledge in Geomatics, geodesy and cartography, related to creation, development and improvement of geodetic networks; creation, development and improvement of geographic information system, who are able to comprehend and analyse interaction of different kinds of knowledge, come up with problems and their solutions based on the scientific research in the field of measurement engineering, conducted on the basis of the acquired knowledge, optimise geodetic and cartographic data mining, by modelling the analysed processes in geoinformation systems; with developed abilities to apply innovative solutions for complex industrial activities, related to cognate areas and technological advancement, scientific analysis and research skills, necessary to maintain and improve the acquired professional competence in the ever-changing technological environment, scientific research institution, doctoral study.
To this programs applicants are accepted from the fields of: Geodesy, Cartography, Geography, Geomatics, Applied Engineering, General Engineering, Geographic Information Systems
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA), particularly in Mathematics, Physics, and English.
English language proficiency.
- International applicants to whom English is not a native language need to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English. One of the following is accepted:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) academic:
- 5.5 FCE (First Certificate in English):
- A CAE (Certificate in Advanced English):
- C CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English):
- C TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based:
- The TOEFL institutional code is 6529. LanguageCert Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (Listening, Reading, Writing): Communicator B2. TOEIC Listening & Reading: 785, Speaking & Writing: 310 PTE Academic 48 in all 4 skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Computer graphics in Geomatics
- Fundamentals of Land Management
- Global Positioning Systems
- Digital Terrain Models
- Local Geodetic Networks
- Master Graduation Thesis 1
- Scientific Researches and Innovations
- Geodetic Laser Scaning Technologies (with course project)
- Remote Sensing Methods
- Real Estate Cadastre
- Master Graduation Thesis 2
- Geoinformation Systems on the Internet
- Theoretical Cartography
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
- Non EU citizens: 4000 EUR per year
- Non EU citizens: 2000 EUR per semester
Degree: Master of General Engineering
- To apply a modern laser scanning systems and knowledge of latest geomatics developments in the engineering field.
- Principal theoretical solutions in designing, creating and developing the building information modelling and remote sensing methods of investigating geodynamic processes with the use of remote measurements, and creative application of that knowledge.
- Geographic information systems (GIS), innovative technologies, their development trends and its application for specialized geomatics, surveying, cartography, cadastral needs, and creative application of that knowledge.
- The importance of geographic, cadastral information systems, formation of databases in the universal coordinate system for creating information systems of large territories, making international geodetic investigations.
- Students will be able to synthesize, analyze and suggest compatible interface solutions between geographic and cadastral information systems, remote sensing methods for measurement data processing and technical requirements.
- Understand and choose new, innovative design techniques and be able to apply them in engineering.
The graduates who complete Innovative solution in Geomatic study programs can work at state institutions, as well as in private companies, can take post-graduate studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Vilnius Tech) located in Lithuania provides an innovative and responsive learning environment for international students. Offering programs at a bachelor, master, and PhD level, Vilnius Tech's diverse range of programs cater to students from around the...
Why study at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- European Higher Education Area
- High quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Study programmes in English language
- Exchange and placement programmes in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal and safe study and living environment
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Want to know more about Master of General Engineering - Innovative Solutions In Geomatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!