Master of Engineering Sciences in Mechanical EngineeringVilnius Gediminas Technical University
About this program
Master of Engineering Sciences in Mechanical Engineering
To prepare high and highest qualification mechanical engineering graduates with wide engineering scope and comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in modern mechanical engineering including dynamics of mechanical systems, precise mechnical instruments, nanotechnologies, application of laser material treatment and measurement technologies, energy transformation equipment and machines, micro-optoelectromechnics, CNC applications, particularity of 3D equipment and technologies, essentials of mechatronics, information technologies, basics of industrial and autonomous robotics (for instance UAV or UGV), and mathematical modeling of mechanical devices. To prepare specialists with analytical, modeling and projection skills for manufacturing and process management of mechanical systems, optimization of characteristics and parameters of high-speed technological equipment and mechanical devices. To provide students with the knowledge which are required to solve tasks related with design, research and performance of technological or manufacturing jobs, including skills for implementation of real projects, development of new innovative products, expert activities in the leading local and international companies and organizations.
To this programs applicants are accepted from the fields of: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Transport Engineering
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA), particularly in Mathematics, Physics, and English.
English language proficiency.
- International applicants to whom English is not a native language need to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English. One of the following is accepted:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) academic:
- 5.5 FCE (First Certificate in English):
- A CAE (Certificate in Advanced English):
- C CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English):
- C TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based:
- The TOEFL institutional code is 6529. LanguageCert Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (Listening, Reading, Writing): Communicator B2. TOEIC Listening & Reading: 785, Speaking & Writing: 310 PTE Academic 48 in all 4 skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Design and Manufacturing of Mechanical Systems
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
- Non EU citizens: 4400 EUR per year
- EU citizens: 4234 EUR per year
Degree: Master of Engineering Sciences in Mechanical Engineering
- Critical, constructive and creative thinking, to analyze and evaluate mechanical engineering subjects on base of qualitative, quantitative indicators, to formulate conclusions and to solve engineering problems, argued, clear and right to convey scientific information.
- To apply theoretical knowledge and research results for product creation and innovations implementation into modern, effective and high-speed production processes related with mechanical engineering.
- Understanding how to identify and to analyze engineering and management problems, to propose innovative means for its solution.
- Understanding how to integrate engineering and management knowledge in field of mechanical engineering, to achieve expected results.
- To work with the modern high-tech, 3D, laser, high-speed equipment and apply the acquired knowledge in research.
Persons with the Master of Mechanical Engineering qualification degree are able to manage the modern and innovative production company, to create and to implement process or product innovations in the industrial enterprises, to develop and manage innovative business, to fulfill scientific research. Graduates can obtain appropriate job position after graduation not only in Lithuania but also abroad. After the graduation it is possible to further studies in doctoral programss.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Vilnius Tech) located in Lithuania provides an innovative and responsive learning environment for international students. Offering programs at a bachelor, master, and PhD level, Vilnius Tech's diverse range of programs cater to students from around the...
Why study at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- European Higher Education Area
- High quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Study programmes in English language
- Exchange and placement programmes in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal and safe study and living environment
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Want to know more about Master of Engineering Sciences in Mechanical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!