Innovative Road and Bridge Engineering (Joint Degree with Riga Technical University)Vilnius Tech
About this program
Innovative Road and Bridge Engineering (joint degree with Riga Technical University)
To educate students who are able to apply the gained innovative road and bridge engineering science and practical knowledge for formulation, verification and independent making of effective engineering solutions, based on systematic, critical and constructive thinking/consideration and scientific argumentation, and having mastered scientific provisions of quantitative and qualitative cognition and interaction, and dependence of the provisions in question on different conditions. Moreover, the graduates are expected to be able to integrate and in a complex manner to employ road system management theories, innovative road and bridge design an technology engineering knowledge, which encompass the progress in construction, economics and other sciences and technologies.
To this programme applicants are accepted from the fields of: Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Road Engineering
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Country Specific Requirements
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Innovative Pavement Structure Design (with course project)
- Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridges
- Innovative Scientific Solutions
- Master Graduation Thesis 1
- Traffic Safety Management
- Systematic Analysis of Roads
- Steel-Concrete Composite Bridge (with course work)
- Computer Aided Design of Bridges (with course work)
- Innovative Timber and Reinforced Concrete Bridges (with course work)
- Dimensional Road Design
- Risk and Safety in Bridge Engineering
- Durability of Bridge Structures
- Master Graduation Thesis 2
- Master Graduation Thesis 3
- Road and Streets Network Planning
- Advanced composite materials for bridges
- Land Use Planning
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
1.5 years (3 semesters) graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
4000 EUR per year
What Will Students Learn?
- To apply the potential of modern road and bridge information systems and the basic trends of their development in engineering, by application of theoretical knowledge, identification of risk and safety factors in bridge and road engineering.
- Planning, design, creation, modelling and development methodologies and principal theoretical ways of solution for different purpose roads and transport system networks.
- Latest bridge and road engineering ideology, state of the art scientific achievements and developed methodologies and technologies for individual application of scientific and engineering ideas.
- To identify and critically appraise theoretical and practical novelties in road and bridge design, construction, maintenance and upgrading as well as traffic safety and to apply them in scientific and practical activities.
- To perceive possible ethic, technical, economic, social consequences of the taken own solutions and the related responsibility, management of risk and safety conditions by establishing durability of road and bridge structures, and to justify the conclusions of own researches and reasoning in a substantiated way, to communicate them verbally and in writing in an understandable manner to different area and interest and different reduction background stakeholders.
Graduates may take leading positions at the state or municipal road sector management or maintenance entities or institutions, road and bridge research, maintenance, technical supervision, design or construction companies and organizations, can take post-graduate studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VILNIUS TECH) located in Vilnius, a vibrant and green capital city of Lithuania, is one of the biggest research universities in the country with a focus on technologies, engineering, and a strong emphasis on university-business cooperation....
Why study at Vilnius Tech
- European Higher Education Area
- High-quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Undergraduate, graduate, and PhD study programs fully taught in the English language
- Exchange and placement programs in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Study in a vibrant and green European capital city - Vilnius!
- Plenty of opportunities to apply and diversify your skills through graduate projects, internships, career programs, the Innovation and Creativity Center, clubs, and societies
- Students can work full-time after obtaining a TRP card
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal, and safe study and living environment.
Want to know more about Innovative Road and Bridge Engineering (Joint Degree with Riga Technical University)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!