About this program
To preserve the Gediminas Hill, to implement the strangest architecture projects, to build a bridge across the widest and most rapidly flowing river are only a few examples of dreams of those, who want to change the world. If you dream to change the world, you can do it this way, as any new building already changes the world's face.
People have always dreamed of their own accommodation: ancient people found shelter in caves, their progeny built houses from branches, and built bridges across rivers.
The advancement of technologies has changed the understanding of construction works, and the conviction that a house needs only walls and a roof has become obsolete. Today, civil engineering is a prestigious profession that unites specialists of various fields, who are knowledgeable of methods to construct a solid, high and complex building, are able to design bridges, tunnels and roads, water supply and cleaning systems.
Civil engineers are able to independently built a solid wall, as they know what is needed for the wall's longevity. A good specialist examines every inch of any building and is able to explain any structural element's function.
Modern civil engineers implement the craziest projects - build almost one kilometer skyscrapers or dozen-storey underground structures, carry out construction works in the open sea on artificial islands, plan and build bridges. Impressive buildings also demonstrate the country's economic power.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Country Specific Requirements
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Engineering geodesy, Structural mechanics, Buildings architecture and structures, Building construction technology, Masonry structures, Reinforced concrete structures, Foundation engineering, Environmental geotechnics, Dynamics and stability of buildings.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
4 years (8 semesters), internship included in the programme. Graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
3870 EUR per year
For EU citizens same prices as for local students apply. Please visit the university website for more information.
What you'll learn:
Some key abilities and knowledge that Civil Engineering study programme helps students develop and acquire include:
- The ability to design buildings and structures, applying the newest calculation and construction principles, the newest construction technologies;
- The ability to carry out engineering research and evaluation;
- The ability to select reliable technical solutions and strategies;
- The ability to design, organize and manage construction works processes, to reasonably utilize construction materials and energy resources, minimize costs, to carry out construction qualitative assessment;
- The ability to evaluate materials, structures research data, to select the appropriate calculation methos, to prepare building structural part's project and supervise its implementation, to apply the newest computer building structures design software;
- The ability to manage building design processes, applying building information modelling (BIM) principles;
- The ability to investigate buildings and their structural condition, ensure fire protection, civil and labour safety, new construction materials and structure exploitation;
- The ability to analyze geotechnical research, geotechnical design and construction tasks, applying technical and technological solutions, to organize and manage project and construction management processes.
The bechelors of civil engineering are acquire all skills necessary for practical work and they are ready for independent professional activities. They can start practical activities in construction and design companies, expert bureaus, departments of ministries, town and regional municipalities or can continue their master studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VILNIUS TECH) located in Vilnius, a vibrant and green capital city of Lithuania, is one of the biggest research universities in the country with a focus on technologies, engineering, and a strong emphasis on university-business cooperation....
Why study at Vilnius Tech
- European Higher Education Area
- High-quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Undergraduate, graduate, and PhD study programs fully taught in the English language
- Exchange and placement programs in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Study in a vibrant and green European capital city - Vilnius!
- Plenty of opportunities to apply and diversify your skills through graduate projects, internships, career programs, the Innovation and Creativity Center, clubs, and societies
- Students can work full-time after obtaining a TRP card
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal, and safe study and living environment.
Want to know more about Civil Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.