About this program
Study programme aims at preparing professionals who would acquire the skills and knowledge to close the gap between engineering and medicine by combining the design and problem-solving skills of engineering with medical biological sciences and to advance health care services through the application of engineering principles and design concepts, innovative technologies and methods of multidisciplinary research.
To this programme applicants are accepted from fields of: Biomedical Sciences or Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Industrial Engineering, Bioengineering
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Country Specific Requirements
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Accepted proof of proficiency: Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL or other equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Medical Waste Management
- Master Graduation Thesis 1
- Fundamentals of Research and Innovation
- The Use of the Finite Elements Method in Continuum Mechanics
- Dynamics of Biomechanical Systems
- Master Graduation Thesis 2
- Biofluid Mechanics
- Information Systems in Medicine
- Methods of Biotechnical Systems and Medical Diagnostic
- Biosignals Analysis and Recognition
- Engineering systems of medical facilities (with Course Project)
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Master Graduation Thesis 3
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Free choice obligatory course
Master Final Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
2 years (4 semesters) graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
5157 EUR per year
For EU citizens same prices as for local students apply. Please visit the university website for more information.
What Will Students Learn?
- Students will acquire skills and knowledge of interdisciplinary research methods
- Will be able to develop and apply methodologies of experimental and analytical research
- Will be able to identify and tackle health care related technological problems through critical thinking and application of engineering design concepts
- Will acquire skills of modern research techniques like computer-based medical simulations, acquisition and processing of biosignals, medical imaging, modelling of biomechanical systems, biotissue engineering, prosthetics and rehabilitation engineering, artificial organs
Biomedical Engineering is a broad field with different areas of focus, and the exact nature of the work you can find yourself doing will vary depending on the specifics of your role. Persons with the Bioengineering qualification degree are able to work in health care centres, hospitals and medical equipment companies, orthopaedic bioengineering, perform R&D. Graduates can obtain appropriate job position after graduation not only in Lithuania but also abroad. After graduation, it is possible to further studies in doctoral programmes.
Message the school
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VILNIUS TECH) located in Vilnius, a vibrant and green capital city of Lithuania, is one of the biggest research universities in the country with a focus on technologies, engineering, and a strong emphasis on university-business cooperation....
Why study at Vilnius Tech
- European Higher Education Area
- High-quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Undergraduate, graduate, and PhD study programs fully taught in the English language
- Exchange and placement programs in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Study in a vibrant and green European capital city - Vilnius!
- Plenty of opportunities to apply and diversify your skills through graduate projects, internships, career programs, the Innovation and Creativity Center, clubs, and societies
- Students can work full-time after obtaining a TRP card
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal, and safe study and living environment.
Want to know more about Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!