Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Engineering With Honours in EngineeringUniversity of Tasmania
About this program
Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Engineering With Honours in Engineering
This degree provides you the option to combine specialisations from science and engineering to create a truly customised degree that delivers a powerful blend of knowledge and skills.
If you enjoy pursuing your curiosity and understanding the world around you, consider yourself an innovator, and are passionate about shaping the world from our living laboratory, our science majors provides a gateway to an exciting world of immersive learning and discovery.
This combines perfectly with your choice of engineering specialisations, are you learn to be a collaborator who balances creative design, analysis and applied science to design, build and manage structures, machines, manufacturing processes and infrastructure.
You will learn how to cross disciplines, and borders, embracing the challenge of creating the world of tomorrow.
English Language Requirements
International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability.
For those applicants who are nationals of and currently residing in a country where English is NOT the official language, evidence of an approved English language test completed within the last two years must be provided.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mathematics 1A
- Conceptual Design and Communication
- Engineering Statics
- Mathematics 1B
- Engineering Design 1
- Engineering Circuit Theory
- Engineering Dynamics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Design and Build A
- Structural Mechanics
- Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics 2B
- Engineering Design and Build B
- Thermal and Fluid Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Work Placement A
- Social Entrepreneurship in the Digital Age
- Steel and Timber Design
- Introduction to Surveying and Spatial Sciences
- Fluid Mechanics 1
- Transportation Engineering
- Research Methods
- Honours Project A
- Honours Project B
- Electrical and Mechatronic Design
- Digital Electronics
- Electrical Machines and Transformers
- Analog Electronics
- Control Systems 1
- Signals and Linear Systems
- Communication Systems
- Computational Intelligence
- Advanced Dynamics and Vibrations
- Design for Manufacture
- Data Handling and Statistics 1
- The Sciences and Society
- Effective Speaking
- Data Handling and Statistics 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
While career options are wide and varied, they typically fall into three main categories:
- Specialist knowledge related to your combination of specialisations
- Careers where a broad understanding of science is essential (e.g., teacher, journalism, policy advisor).
- Careers using generic skills obtained during your degree (e.g., public relations, business manager, marketing, government and local councils).
About this institute
University of Tasmania
Our story began 130 years ago, in a sandstone building overlooking Hobart. Since those early days, with three lecturers teaching eleven students, our purpose has remained the same. Through academic excellence, we make our home, and the world, a better...
University of Tasmania
Be the first to write a review!