Integrated Master's Degree in Mechatronic Engineering (MEng)University of Southampton
About this program
Integrated Master's Degree in Mechatronic Engineering (MEng)
This integrated mechatronic engineering master's course will get you ready to take the lead in developing tomorrow’s intelligent machines and devices. It’s designed to meet the high demand for graduates with advanced mechanical and electrical engineering skills. The course includes management and legal training, preparing you for your career ahead - whether you go into robotics, flexible manufacturing or any other discipline in this fast-moving field.
This program has the same curriculum as our 3-year BEng Mechatronics degree, but includes an additional year. This is when you’ll study mechatronics in greater depth and develop your professional skills. It also has a strong focus on practical work, including the design and build of an autonomous robot.
This MEng Mechatronic Engineering master's degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- A*AA including mathematics (minimum grade A) and an additional required subject (minimum grade A)
- A*A*B including mathematics (minimum grade A*) and an additional required subject (minimum grade A*)
- AAAA including mathematics and an additional required subject
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 38 points overall with 18 points required at Higher Level including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation, and 6 at Higher Level in Physics
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades A*A in A-level mathematics and an additional required A-level subject
- D* in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades AA in A-level mathematics and an additional required A-level subject
- We do not accept the BTEC Diploma without additional A Levels
- We do not accept the BTEC Extended Diploma without additional A Levels
- Applicants with a BTEC Extended Diploma should apply for the Engineering/Physics
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Electrical Materials and Fields
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Systems
- Mathematics for Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Solid State Devices
- Circuits and Systems
- Control and Communications
- Electrical Machines
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- Engineering Design
- Mathematics for Electronics & Electrical Engineering Part II
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Engineering Management and Law
- Fluids and Mechanical Materials
- Mechanical Power Transmission and Vibration
- Part III Individual Project
- Power Systems Technology
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Partial Differential Equations
- Automobile Systems
- Control System Design
- Introduction to Bionanotechnology
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Operational Research
- Robotic Systems
- Space Systems Engineering
- Group Design Project
You must also choose from the following modules in year 4:
- Applied Control Systems
- Bio/Micro/Nano Systems
- Biologically Inspired Robotics
- High Voltage Insulation Systems
- Individual Research Project
- Medical Electrical and Electronic Technologies
- Microfluidics and Lab-on-a-Chip
- Microsensor Technologies
- Modelling with Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Power Electronics for DC Transmission
- Power Generation: Technology and Impact on Society
- Power System Economics
- Power and Distribution
- Wireless Networks
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and International students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Name of Award: Mechatronic Engineering
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 7
Most of our graduates go straight into graduate-level mechatronics jobs in high-tech companies. You’ll be equipped to work in any field of engineering that combines mechanical engineering and electronics. For example, you could choose to go into:
- aerospace or railway engineering
- work on self-driving car technologies
- design biomedical devices
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
University of Southampton
Want to know more about Integrated Master's Degree in Mechatronic Engineering (MEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!