MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience ManagementUniversity of Portsmouth
About this program
MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management
If you can deal with day-to-day problems and remain calm in the face of a crisis, you might have what it takes to work in the field of risk and crisis management.
Risk management is a crucial part of running a business, and our MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management degree course will take your aptitude and mould it into expertise – so you'll be ready to steer organisations through critical situations as a risk manager, ensuring both their success and yours.
On this course, you'll learn how to identify, assess and manage strategic, organisational, environmental and technological risks, as well as threats presented by unpredictable situations.
You'll get the knowledge and skills needed to become a proficient and capable risk manager, honing analytical and problem-solving abilities that are highly valued by employers.
Qualifications or experience
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core modules on this course include:
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour
- Organisational and Environmental Risk
- Crisis Management and Governance
- Project and Research Methods
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full time: £10,700
- Part time: £5,350 per year
- Full time: £17,600
- Part time: £8,800 per year
On this course, you'll:
- Learn from guest speakers who are experts in the field, providing insight into real-life scenarios and a practical take on managing risk
- Study key topics like Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour, Crisis Management and Governance, and Organisational and Environmental Risk
- Be supported by academically qualified staff with research and consultancy experience, as well as links to industry
- Sharpen your analytical, decision-making and communication skills, learn how to manage risk more effectively, and make a difference in the organisation where you work
- Get to grips with the current tools and techniques used to understand risk management
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Choose to study either full-time (one year) or part-time (two years)
Because of an increase in British and International Standards in Risk and Crisis Management, Organisational Resilience and Continuity, there's a growing demand for risk specialists. This need has been further exacerbated by our reliance on technology, the increased risk of conflict, and extreme weather conditions; there are now many career opportunities in this field. When you graduate, you can expect to pursue a career managing risk in industries including healthcare, petrochemicals, environmental organisations, and business.
What can you do with a Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management degree?
Our previous graduates have gone on to work in industries including:
- Oil and gas
- Health service
- Financial sector
- Security industries
- Emergency services
- Security Management
Message the school
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
University of Portsmouth
Want to know more about MSc Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!