Master's Degree in Automation Engineering and Industrial ComputingUniversity of Oviedo
Master's Degree in Automation Engineering and Industrial Computing
The Master in Automation Engineering and Industrial Computing forms professionals capable of developing the potential of new technologies in industrial production, from the engineering and development of advanced automation systems, to the design of plant information management systems, supervision and complex quality control, with special emphasis on the application of Information and Communication Technologies in such industrial facilities at all levels.
The graduates of this Master will be recognized experts in these fields and may exercise their professional capacity within industrial production companies, engineering or technology-based companies, where there is a real demand for professionals with this profile at regional, national and international level .
The design of the Master ensures advanced training in all subjects, while allowing a specific specialization in Automation or Supervision depending on the needs or interests of the student.
In the specialization in Automation the student will acquire specific advanced training for analysis and design of especially complex automation systems or that include restrictions in the field of security, availability and reliability.
In the specialization in Supervision the student will acquire specific advanced training in the application of measurement techniques, modeling and data analysis to the supervision of industrial processes, with immediate application to industrial inspection and quality control.
Any person who has an official Spanish university degree, or a degree issued by a higher education institution of the EHEA that empowers the country issuing the degree to access official master's degrees.Students with a foreign qualification (external to the EESS) can also take this master's degree certificate, or without homologation, provided that the level of training is equivalent to the degree titles and that it authorizes the issuing country to access official master's degrees.
This master's degree is aimed at graduates of the industrial, telecommunications or computer science branch, as well as professionals with demonstrable experience in this field.
The most suitable income profiles are:
- Degrees and masters whose curricula guarantee the acquisition of basic training competences common to the industrial branch (order CIN / 351/2009), and which provide specific technology competencies related to automation and process control.
- Degrees and master's degrees whose curricula guarantee the acquisition of basic training competencies common to the telecommunication branch (order CIN / 352/2009), and that provide specific technology competencies related to automation and process control.
- Degrees and master's degrees whose plans are in accordance with the competences of basic training and common to the computer science branch, to the resolution of June 8, 2009, of the General Secretary of Universities, by which the Agreement of the Council of Universities, by which recommendations are established for the proposal by the universities of reports of applications for official degrees in the fields of Computer Engineering, Computer Technical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- Industrial Engineer (RD 921/1992).
- Computer Engineer (RD 1459/1990).
- Telecommunications Engineer (RD 1421/1991).
- Industrial Technical Engineer in Industrial Electronics (RD1403 / 1992).
- Technical Engineer in Computer Systems (RD 1461/1990).
- Students coming from other university degrees may also access, provided that their previous training is adequate for a correct monitoring of the contents of the Master.The Academic Committee will be responsible for deciding on this aspect, for which you can request the additional tests, certifications and reports that you consider pertinent.
The Master is taught over three semesters (90 ECTS credits), using the first two in student training in the necessary subjects and the third in the completion of compulsory internships in a company in the sector (12 ECTS credits) and the final master's degree project (18 ECTS credits) that preferably will pivot on the subject worked during the internships.Like the rest of the degrees, the Master is subject to the regulations of permanence of the University of Oviedo, which is of interest to anyone who wishes to attend it.
This Study Plan replaces the MAIIND 2012 Plan, valid between the 2012/2013 and 2017/2018 courses.
For the correct follow-up of the Master it is recommended that students have during their classes a laptop with its own standard market characteristics.It is also advisable that students are able to program in C or similar language in advance of admission, with a level comparable to that achieved in a course of one semester of engineering on the subject.
Module 1: TRAINING COMPLEMENTS
Contents of a fundamental nature formed by a set of subjects of 3 ECTS each, of which the student studies 4 depending on their entrance profile and at the discretion of the Academic Committee of the Master.The objective of the teaching of this module is to provide the student with some basic skills, which allow him to tackle without difficulty the rest of the modules of the Master.
- Real-time systems
- Image processing
- Industrial communications
- Digital signal processing
- Programming, algorithms and data structures
- Process control
Module 2: INSTRUMENTAL
Composed of a series of subjects that form the knowledge base on which the bulk of the Master is based and focused on problem solutions using the most appropriate technologies.It consists of 3 subjects of 6 ECTS each one of obligatory character,
- Analysis and implementation of automation systems
- Advanced real-time and embedded systems
- Smart industrial systems
Module 3. ADVANCED
This module of 18 ECTS is aimed at acquiring the skills necessary for the student to face the design and development of global solutions of medium or high complexity, and work on innovation projects in the field of the master.It is composed of the following subjects:
- Systems Engineering, 6 ECTS
- Integration of Systems, 6 ECTS
- Plants and industrial processes, 3 ECTS
- Research, Development and Innovation, 3 ECTS.
Module 4: SPECIALIZATION
This module consists of a set of subjects of optional character oriented to the complementary training of the student in the thematic nuclei of the Master or in related subjects that allow him to complete his formative profile in a personalized way.All the subjects suppose a load of 6 ECTS and the student will have to choose 2 of them to study the 12 ECTS that compose the module.These subjects are:
- Advanced automation systems
- Advanced robotics
- Advanced computer vision
- Analysis and visualization of data
- Energy efficiency and technical management of facilities
Module 5: COMPANY PRACTICES
In this module, of 12 ECTS credits, students will work on real problems related to automation engineering and industrial computing.For this, we will have the participation of companies from our environment that will propose specific projects that allow students to develop the acquired competences, receiving them for that purpose in a practical regime.
Module 6: MASTER'S FINAL WORK
(See BOPA NUM. 125 of June 1, 2010, which specifies the Agreement of April 30, 2010, of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the Regulation on the preparation and defense of works for the purpose of master's degree at the University of Oviedo.)
The Master's Thesis has a duration of 18 ECTS and consists of carrying out an application project in the field of the technologies seen throughout the master's degree, in such a way that they synthesize and integrate the competences acquired in the different subjects.Thus, the final master's project must guarantee the acquisition of these competences in an appropriate manner.
University of Oviedo
The University of Oviedo is a public institution of higher education and research in the Principality of Asturias. With over 400 years of history, it offers a full range of undergraduate degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)...