Biomedical Engineering, M.Sc.University of Oulu
About this program
Biomedical Engineering, M.Sc.
MSc in Biomedical Engineering at University of Oulu offers interdisciplinary knowledge in medical and health technologies from theoretical and practical perspective. Students will gain the capability to design and implement biomedical measurement systems and health applications, and process multimodal biomedical signals and images.
Students applying for the Program must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in biomedical engineering, biophysics, physics, computer engineering, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, control engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related fields.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The latest methods, tools and technologies combined with issues such as:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biomechanics and biomaterials
- Biomedical measurements
- Medical physics and imaging
- Biomedical signal and image processing
- Machine learning and big data
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in medicine
- Information systems and mobile applications in health care
- Health technology applications.
Scholarships & funding
The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students.
For more information, please visit the university website.
Full Tuition fee for Non-EU student is 10 000 euros / year.
Occupational profiles of the graduates:
- Developing and testing products in the industry as well as marketing and post-marketing support and managerial tasks.
- Research, education, and specialist duties in academia and research institutes
- Consulting on the use and procurement of products, evaluation of performance, maintenance, customization of appliances to clinical and research needs in health care units.
- Public official tasks related to the quality control, and management, and establishment of safety standards.
- Doctoral degree.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, we produce new science-based solutions, and train future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. We are located close to the Arctic region, humanity’s new frontier. We promote learning and carry out...
Why study at University of Oulu
- We are a well-ranked science university. For example, in THE World University Rankings, University of Oulu is among the 301–350 top universities.
- Our degree programmes are inspiring and studentcentered, and encourage you to achieve your full potential.
- Safe study environment and city - Oulu was voted as the safest place to study in an international student barometer.
- Many innovations that have changed the world have their roots in Oulu. About three billion people around the world use daily technology developed in Oulu.
- Belonging to the academic community is made easy at us due to the non-hierarchical relationship between students and teachers.
Want to know more about Biomedical Engineering, M.Sc.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!