Bachelor in Electrical EngineeringUniversity of Mount Union
About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
The University of Mount Union’s electrical engineering degree provides students with hands-on experiences in the application of scientific and mathematical principles utilized to design, manufacture, and control structures, machines, processes, and systems.
The discipline of electrical engineering embodies many fields such as microelectronics, electromagnetics, computers, power systems, controls, robotics, telecommunications, signal and image processing, instrumentation, solid state materials and devices, software development, bioengineering, and mechatronics. Real-life applications include power generation and distribution, electronic communication systems, manufacturing automation, aerospace avionics systems, sensors and instrumentation, medical diagnostic tools, signals, and image processing.
The electric engineering major is housed in the School of Engineering along with the two successful, ABET accredited programs in mechanical engineering and civil engineering.
GPA requirement: 2.5 (except for nursing, that requirement is a 3.3)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL: 61 iBT
- IELTS: 5.5
- PTE: 55
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Tools
- Electrical Circuits Analysis I
- Electrical Circuits Analysis II
- Digital System Design
- Engineering Electromagnetics
Scholarships & funding
A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds thanks to our robust scholarship and grant offerings. There are several state and federal options available to assist you, as well as many Mount Union awards that are specific to your career at the university.
Upon completion of this program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree.
At the time of graduation, Electrical Engineering students will have achieved the following program outcomes:
- Principles: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Design: An ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, environmental, economic, and other factors as appropriate to the discipline.
- Experimentation: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Responsibility: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Learning: An ability to recognize the ongoing need to acquire new knowledge, to choose appropriate learning strategies, and to apply this knowledge.
- Teamwork: An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team that establishes goals, plans tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Foundations: Knowledge of the foundations of engineering, science, and mathematics and their applications in computer engineering.
Electrical engineering graduates are typically among those with the highest starting salaries. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is estimated to be 345,800 jobs by 2026. The average median salary in 2017 was $97,970. As Electrical Engineering has grown essential to more and more industries, career options have increased. Electrical engineers can work in product development, product testing, system management, sales, and consulting in many industries such as telecommunications, consumer electronics, power, transportation, manufacturing, automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, and defense. Electrical engineers have the option of staying in technical jobs or moving into administration and management.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union, a private Midwestern institution founded in 1846, offers rigorous and relevant academic programs that are grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Mount Union’s students can select from broad-based and career-specific undergraduate majors. Known for its...
Why study at University of Mount Union
Mount Union is a small institution. We are proud to offer small class sizes, all taught by professors. More than 80% of our faculty have terminal degrees in their fields of study. This gives our students a chance to research and learn alongside our talented faculty in their academic fields. We are proud that 98% of our students find jobs in less than 3 months after graduating with their Mount Union degree!
University of Mount Union
Want to know more about Bachelor in Electrical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!