B. in Agricultural Engineering
The Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering offers graduates the adequate training to respond to agricultural problems from different spheres of knowledge. These professionals must have knowledge about technical and practical aspects of Agricultural Engineering, to apply them to designing, planning and managing fruit and vegetable exploitations, agricultural production, engineering applied to rural areas, agro-fishing activities, as well as food analysis, designing food elaboration and preservation plants.
Course taught in Spanish and some components taught in English
Anyone who meets the admission requirements and general pre-requisites for access to the degree program may apply.
For Undergraduate programs, the basic requirements are to have a High-School diploma and a B1 Spanish Language certificate.
Please use the "Request information" form to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Our Access and Admissions Office will be happy to help and guide you through the whole process!
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Module 01. Basic Training
- Agricultural Enterprise
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry 2
- Geology and Soil Science
- Graphic Expression
- Mathematics applied to Agricultural Engineering
- Statistics and Computer Science
Module 02. Common Matters to the Agricultural Branch
- Agricultural Botany and Plant Physiology
- Agricultural Buildings, Engines and Farm Machinery
- Agricultural Economics
- Basic Principles of Livestock Production
- Electrical engineering and agricultural hydraulics
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Fundamentals of Horticulture and Fruit Farming
- General Phytotechnics
- Topography and Geographic Information Systems
Module 03. Transversal Training
- Agricultural Chemistry and Plant Development
- Building Site Management
- Hydraulic and Electrical Fittings
Module 04. Specific technology in Horticulture and Gardening
- Engineering of Gardening and Horticulture 1
- Engineering of Gardening and Horticulture 2
- Gardening and Landscaping.
- Plant Genetics and Improvement
- Production and protection of fruit crops
- Production and Protection of horticultural Crops
- Production and Protection of horticultural Crops
- Territory Assessment
Module 05. Specific technology in Agricultural Operations
- Agricultural entomology
- Anatomy, Physiology and Livestock genetic Improvement
- Electrification and Irrigation Technology for Agricultural and Livestock Farming
- Extensive and Energy herbaceous Crops
- Livestock Production Systems
- Machinery and Construction for Agricultural and Livestock Farming
Module 06. Specific technology in Agricultural and Food Industries
- Agricultural Industrial Construction
- Automation and Process Control
- Basic operations and processes 1
- Basic operations and processes 2
- Construction and Fittings Engineering
- Equipment and auxiliary Machinery for the Agrofood Industry
- Food technology
- Management of Agricultural Industrial Waste
Module 07. Specific technology in Mechanization and Rural Constructions
- Agricultural constructions 1
- Agricultural constructions 2
- Agricultural mechanization
- Crop protection and improvement
- Gardening, Landscaping and Sports Areas
- Livestock Production
- Rural and Hydraulic electrification
Module 08. Intensification in Horticulture and Gardening
- Design and maintenance of green areas
- Entomology and agricultural phytopathology
- Organic farming
Module 09. Intensification in Agricultural Operations
- Livestock Farming Equipment
- Silvopastoral Resources
- Soil management
Module 10. Intensification in Agricultural and Food Industries
- Crop protection, Entomology and Phytopathology
- Fermentation technology
- Food Microbiology
- Post-harvest Physiology and Technology
Module 11. Intensification in Mechanization and Rural Constructions
- Elements of machinery
- Foundations and auxiliary constructions
- Graphical Representation of rural Buildings and Construction Work
- Remote sensing and the Land Register
Module 12. Business practices
- External Internship 1
- External Internship 2
Module 13. Final Degree Project
- Degree Final Project
- Technical projects
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships and grants
Scholarships and study grants
- Scholarships from the Ministry
- General scholarships from the Ministry of Education for undergraduate and master studies
- scholarships Tuition scholarships and other scholarships and study grants for undergraduate, master's and undergraduate degrees
Collaboration scholarships in Departments
Aid to initiate research tasks related to the studies completed
National and international mobility calls for students
Internships and Training Scholarships
Scholarships in local, national and international companies
Aid for training research staff
Research calls for training
EU and Non-EU students full tuition fee is 823.12 EUR
These are the generic objectives of this degree:
- To offer an adequate training that allows to develop work related to design, planning and management of fruit and vegetable exploitations.
- To offer adequate training in the theoretical bases and technologies of this technical engineering. To study the agricultural production and engineering bases applicable to the rural environment, motors and machines, hydraulic and agricultural mechanization.
- To offer adequate training that will allow to develop tasks with agricultural and fishing activities as well as those related to irrigation.
- To offer scientific and technical training that will allow to develop tasks related to the food market discipline such as analysis and design of food elaboration and conservation plants.
Agricultural Technical Engineer, with the following specialities:
- Horticulture and Gardening
- Agricultural and Fishing Exploitations
- Agricultural and Food Industries
- Mechanization and Rural Constructions.
Graduates in Agricultural Engineering may complete their training in the official masters of the Universidad de Almeria, as well as in the official Master in Agricultural Engineering.
- State Administration (Direction and Management of Actions in Rural Environment Sphere).
- Private Companies. (Exploitations, Agricultural Building, and Distribution of Products).
- Freelance. (Projects, Reports, Assessments, etc.).
Welcome to UAL
About this institute
University of Almeria
Founded in 1993, the University of Almería (UAL) is a public higher education and research university ranked in the Top 40 nationally, and top 1000 worldwide. We offer 34 Bachelor and 44 Master Degrees, as well as 14 PhD programmes...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!