About this program
MSc Engineers for Smart Cities
The city of Nice, one of the world’s smartest cities, is our living lab and participants may benefit from the local university-government-industry cooperation powered by Université Côte d’Azur’s Mediterranean Institute for Risks, Environment and Sustainable Development (IMREDD).
The Engineers for Smart Cities program from University of Côte d'Azur offers an advanced multidisciplinary study experience focused on Smart Cities as well as the innovations and business solutions driven by the transition towards more sustainable urban environments.
This program is designed for graduates and experienced practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds with a common interest in smart cities and innovation. Current participants have diverse academic and professional backgrounds, such as engineering, architecture and urban design, business administration and management, environmental sciences, etc.
The MSc Engineers for Smart Cities equips participants with the necessary skills for current and future jobs related to design, deployment, management, and operation of sustainable urban systems. It aims to foster professionals capable of developing, implementing and managing innovative projects around the smart city: a sustainable, connected, integrated, attractive, and liveable city.
The study program is suitable for graduates and experienced practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds with a common interest in smart cities and innovation.
Current participants have diverse academic and professional backgrounds such as engineering, architecture, business administration, and environmental sciences.
Applications are reviewed holistically, focusing on applicants’ academic excellence and personal commitment.
Basic entry requirements include:
- Qualification equivalent to a 4-year higher education degree in an appropriate subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification; standard, or appropriate professional experience;
- English language proficiency equivalent to CEFR B2 level;
Candidates must apply through the university online application platform: ecandidat-uca1.univ-cotedazur.fr
The required supporting documents include:
- Copy of passport
- ID photo
- Curriculum Vitae (in English or French)
- Awarded Higher Education Degree/s (in French or English)
- Transcripts of records of awarded Higher Education Degree/s (in French or English)
- English language proficiency certificate - CEFR level B2 or equivalent (not applicable if English is the language of study or work)
- Reference Letter (from your professional supervisor or academic professor, in French or English)
- Motivation Statement (in English)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The study program offers a diverse array of smart city subjects and courses tailored to suit industry, professional organizations, and government officials seeking personal enrichment as well as professional development within a dynamic and supportive environment that also promotes valuable professional networks. A continuing education program is an opportunity for employers to develop and motivate their workforce and for individuals to enhance their careers. Academic and industry tutors are experts in the fields of mobility, energy, governance, business and management, urban design, urban resilience, telecommunications, digital transformation, sustainable development, social participation and engagement, and many more subjects.
Different study options are offered:
- Postgraduate Degree: University degree program at the master's level (1 year full-time or 2 years part-time)
- Specialist Certificate: one or more modules out of those taught for the Postgraduate Degree
- Professional Certificate: bespoke courses designed and adapted for a defined group
The curriculum covers the following modules:
- Smart Cities and Sustainability
- Urban Design and Planning
- Smart Mobility and Transportation
- Smart Energy and Transitions
- Innovation Management and Smart Cities
- Connected City
- Artificial Intelligence and Urban Analytics
- Hands-on Integrated Project
- Study Trip to a Smart City
- Language and culture
- Professional Development
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships are available to support participants, partially or fully covering tuition fees and based on academic excellence as well as on personal circumstances.
Tuition fees are €10,000 per year.
The European job market related to the management and planning of smart cities has an urgent requirement for executives capable of designing and implementing policies for the integrated management of smart cities and innovative projects. The skills acquired will enable students to work in private and public entities and deploy projects on smart city products and services.
A variety of Smart City positions includes:
- Project manager in mobility, smart buildings, energy, environment…
- Consultant in territorial and urban strategies, sustainable development
- Advisory positions in local, regional, governmental and international institutions
- Urban architect, urban planner
- Innovation manager for urban services and territories
- Urban engineer and R&D engineer
- Local development leader, urban renewal project manager
Message the school
About this institute
Université Côte d'Azur
Université Côte d'Azur is a public research university located in Nice, France and neighbouring areas. It is one of France's top 10 research-intensive universities and includes 17 major academic establishments. It has around 30,000 students in initial and continuing education,...
Want to know more about MSc Engineers for Smart Cities? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!