Master's Degree in Space and Aeronautical EngineeringUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Space and Aeronautical Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Space and Aeronautical Engineering
The master's degree in Space and Aeronautical Engineering is aimed at graduates in aerospace engineering or related physical sciences and engineering who wish to improve their skills and knowledge. It provides advanced training in the field of space systems and aeronautical engineering that is scientific, technical and practical in nature and will allow students to work towards a professional and/or research career in the aerospace industry. The master's degree is aimed graduates who will go on to seek employment in the aerospace industry or to pursue a research career in this field.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
In addition to these general access requirements, which apply to all master's degree courses, specific admission requirements may be set for each programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Computational Engineering
- Research Management and Aerospace Projects
- Master Thesis
- Students shall work on a research project granting them 14 ECTS out of the total required. The Master Thesis is meant to train the student in rigorous and critical thinking, data analysis, and independent problem-solving in preparation for their professional (industrial or academic) careers. The outcome of the work will be compiled into a final dissertation. The student shall also make a short public presentation of the most relevant aspects of his/her work. Upon reviewing the dissertation and attending the presentation, an appointed member of the faculty will award the final grade.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total fees (per year):
- EU students: €1,660 per year
- Non-EU students: €2,490 per year
60 ECTS credits
The master's degree allows students to plan their training and to focus their professional careers in the aerospace industry on areas such as space missions, space propulsion, aircraft propulsion, aircraft design, aircraft maintenance, fluid mechanics, materials research, airport infrastructure , air traffic management, wind energy, aerodynamics, civil engineering aerodynamics, automotive engineering and the design and civil applications of UAVs.
The training graduates receive will enable them to join R&D departments in the aerospace industry and related industries.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Space and Aeronautical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!