Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary and Innovative EngineeringUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary and Innovative Engineering
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary and Innovative Engineering
Today’s society demands breakthrough technologies in emerging areas such as energy management, digital industry and healthcare. Facing such challenges requires that interdisciplinary engineering teams work together to come up with creative, reliable, ethical and sustainable solutions.
One of the key factors in leading successful projects is for professionals from different areas to have strong skills in modern engineering methods such as big data, 3D printing, smart sensors and computer simulation. The master's degree in Interdisciplinary and Innovative Engineering has been designed to enhance your academic background with such skills, thus preparing you for the future.
The specialisations will allow you to face real problems in three emerging areas of application: energy-efficient systems, smart factories and healthcare technologies. A research-oriented master’s thesis worth 30 ECTS credits will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with R&D departments at companies, research centres and hospitals.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
To be admitted to the master’s degree, applicants must certify, at the time of enrolment, that they have a CEFR B2 level of English (at minimum).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Q1 & Q2: Background
- Data acquisition & instrumentation
- Data analysis & pattern recognition
- Simulation & optimization
- Systems modeling
- Technology innovation
- Control Systems
- Computer vision
- Management of technology
- Sustainability & circular economy
- Risk analysis
- Electrical energy processing
- Renewable energy systems
- Sustainable materials
- Fuel cells
- Electron beam applications
Advanced Manufacturing Systems
- Advanced manufacturing
- loT sensors & MEMS
- Plant monitoring & fault detection
- Robotic system
Healthcare and Biomedical Applications
- Biomedical signal analysis
- Biofunctional materials
- Wearable devices
- Biomechanics & sport technology
- Master Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €5,533
- Non-EU students: €8,300
120 ECTS credits
- Apply sensorisation, instrumentation and data acquisition technologies to characterise, monitor and control the status of systems, plants and processes.
- Apply techniques related to pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, and statistical data analysis so that decisions concerning problems of a multidisciplinary nature can be made in an objective, quantitative and reproducible way.
- Use appropriate computational techniques to simulate engineering-related physical phenomena, and adapt and apply optimisation algorithms to tackle engineering problems.
- Design and implement modelling techniques to describe the operation of systems, predict the stability of a system and apply control techniques in different scenarios.
- R&D centres
- Start-up companies
- Technology management and intellectual property
- Digital transformation projects
- eHealth applications
- Business intelligence
- Industry 4.0 and smart factories
- Sustainability management
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary and Innovative Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!