Master's Degree in Electric Power Systems and DrivesUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Electric Power Systems and Drives
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Electric Power Systems and Drives
Barcelona School of Industrial Engineering (ETSEIB)
The aim of the master's degree in Electric Power Systems and Drives is to prepare students to meet the many challenges facing the electricity sector, including massive integration of renewable generation systems, the electrification of mobility, the digitalisation of the power grid and the modernisation of the industry. To tackle these challenges, students need to acquire specific know-how and learn to use and develop new analysis tools and methods.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
In addition to these general access requirements, which apply to all master's degree courses, specific admission requirements may be set for each programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Total tuition fee for Master Degree student: €1,660
- Total tuition fee for Non/EU student: €2,490
Credits: 60 ECTS
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.
Students develop a high level of technological expertise that qualifies them to perform a wide range of roles, including:
- Planning of electrical networks.
- Operation and control of optical systems.
- Simulation and analysis of electrical equipment, drives and systems.
- Design of electric machines and drives.
- Analysis of electricity markets.
- Procurement of electric power.
Graduates find work with:
- RDI departments of companies.
- Universities, technology centres and research centres.
- Manufacturers of electrical systems and equipment.
- Companies in the renewable energy and electric mobility sectors.
- Consulting and engineering companies related to the electric power field.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Electric Power Systems and Drives? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!