Master's Degree in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering ManagementUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management
The master's degree in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management (MASTEAM) offers students a wide range of optional courses and prepares them for research or professional practice as engineers in cutting-edge information and communications technology (ICT) fields. The topics include Smart Cities, Internet of things, 5th generation of mobile communications, sensor networks, optical communications in the cloud, network management, massive data processing (Big Data) and signal processing, software-defined networking and radio (SDR and SDN), smart objects, network security, business models and management in the ICT sector. The master has mobility agreements with more than 30 European universities as well as internship agreements with more than 100 companies in the telecommunications sector.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
- An official bachelor’s degree OR pre-EHEA diploma in telecommunications or ICT engineering, specialising in telecommunications systems, telematics (computer networks), electronic systems, audiovisual systems or telecommunications science and technology, or an official master’s degree in telecommunications or ICT engineering. Any of the aforementioned degrees must have been obtained in an educational institution in a country belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- With complementary coursework, another engineering degree from the EHEA or a telecommunications/ICT engineering degree from outside the EHEA. A validation committee will review these applications and may propose complementary coursework.
- Language requirements: English language certificate at Level B2 or above.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Image Processing
- Augmented Reality & Smart Objects
- Body Sensor Nodes
- Creativity and Engineering
- Ict-Based Entrepreneurship
- Network Engineering
- Next Generation Wireless Communications and Iot
- Next- Generation Optical Network Infrastructures for Future Cloud-Based Services
- Optimization for Applied Engineering Design
- Project on Ict-Based Business Models
- Sensors and Interfaces
- 5G Mobile Network Planning
- Big Data & Data Mining
- Internet of Things and Ubiquitous IP
- Low-Power Systems with Energy Harvesting
- Master's Thesis
- Network Security Authentication & Authorization
- Network Support for 5G
- Service Engineering
- Software Defined Radio
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Total fees (per year):
- EU students: €1,660 per year
- Non-EU students: €2,490 per year
60 ECTS credits
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Design, implement and evaluate 5G and next-generation mobile communications networks.
- Design, implement and evaluate high-density heterogeneous networks using virtualisation techniques in the access network.
- Design, implement and evaluate cooperative mobile networks (Internet of Things) for various types of terminals (vehicles, home automation components, infrastructure, body sensors, etc.).
- Analyse, model and design large-scale communications networks.
- Solve optimisation problems in the field of communications networks.
- Design and implement wireless sensor networks for any application.
- Define the elements that characterise a business model for innovative ICT-based products.
Graduates of an official bachelor’s degree (240 ECTS credits) and this master’s degree may seek admission to a doctoral programme in telecommunications engineering or another ICT-related field.
Graduates of this master’s degree will be experts in designing, developing and managing telecommunications projects. They may work in the creation of innovative products, systems and procedures in accordance with regulations and environmental guidelines. They will also be able to pursue advanced research careers in international R&D divisions.
Graduates of this master’s degree may work in the following industries:
- Network operation
- Provision of added-value telecommunications services
- Smart cities, Internet of Things
- Data centres
- Big data
- Companies in sectors that are currently being transformed by ICTs (automotive, audiovisual, food, logistics, energy, finance, etc.)
- Mobile applications
- Aeronautics and aerospace
- Research, development and innovation
- Public administration
- Digital entertainment
- Technical consulting
- Business consulting
- Electronic components
- Telecommunications regulators
- Computer science
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 66 bachelor’s degrees, 81 master’s programs (34 of them fully in...
Why study at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya is a prestigious and well-known institution of Higher Education, nationally and internationally.
In order to develop its international policy, the UPC is member to 16 networks of universities of excellence, each of which has different objectives. These networks dedicate their efforts to work jointly with prestigious institutions to obtain results, provide visibility and lead our interests and strategies to position us at the highest level.
UPC has 2.717 students in international mobility programs, 1.541 exchange agreements with 708 HEIs and 50 DD agreements with 32 universities. Every year, more than 6,000 bachelor’s and master’s students and more than 500 doctoral students graduate. The UPC has a high graduate employment rate: 93% of its graduates are in work and 76% find a job in under three months.
The UPC has different top facilities and labs where to develop research projects, which have helped UPC become a benchmark university in Europe in innovation and technology transfer. In collaboration with other public and private institutions, UPC has created research centers with its own legal entity, internationally recognized, such as the Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), the International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE), the Institute of Spatial Studies of Catalunya (IEEC) or the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Applied Telecommunications and Engineering Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!