Master's Degree in Advanced Telecommunication TechnologiesUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Master's Degree in Advanced Telecommunication Technologies
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Advanced Telecommunication Technologies
The master’s degree in Advanced Telecommunications Technologies is a joint project of the Barcelona School of Telecommunications Engineering (ETSETB) and the Castelldefels School of Telecommunications and Aerospace Engineering (EETAC). The programme offers a broad selection of optional credits that are organised by concentration but also provide enough flexibility for students to create their own profile. On this master’s degree, you can choose one of the concentrations proposed by the schools (technical and technological specialisation at the ETSETB or cross-disciplinary courses at the EETAC) or build your own specific profile by selecting the optional subjects you are interested in at each school.
- An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
- A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded. This access route in no way implies the homologation of the qualification or its recognition for any purpose other than admission to the master's degree. The master's degree will, however, be fully and legally valid.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Science and Technology
- Bachelor’s degrees that qualify the holder to practise the profession of technical telecommunications engineer: bachelor’s degrees in Audiovisual Systems Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Telecommunications Systems Engineering, and Network Engineering
- Degree in Telecommunications Engineering (pre-EHEA qualification)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Compulsory subjects are taught at the EETAC and the ETSETB at the same time and every semester (twice a year). Optional subjects are taught at just one school and just once a year, whether in the autumn semester or the spring semester. The pathways are also taught at just one school.
Cross-disciplinary pathways (EETAC)
- 5G Networks
- Internet of Things
Communications pathways (ETSETB)
- Antennas, Microwaves and Photonics for Communications and Earth Observation
- Wireless Communications
- Optical Networks
Networks and Communication Protocols pathways (ETSETB)
- Network Engineering
Multimedia pathways (ETSETB)
- Deep Learning for Multimedia Processing
Electronics pathways (ETSETB)
- Integrated Systems
- Instrumentation and Sensors
- Micro- and Nanotechnologies for Energy Management
For more information, please visit the university website.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Approximate fees (per year):
- EU students: €2,766
- Non-EU students: €4,149
60 ECTS credits
- Select and use—in telecommunications applications and services such as monitoring and management of network operations, analysis and interpretation of audiovisual data, and design and verification of microelectronic circuits—a variety of automatic learning techniques and build systems that use such techniques for decision making (including autonomous decision making).
- Analyse software-managed complex systems in the area of telecommunications and its applications, such as software-defined radio systems, coding and decoding standards for audiovisual content, and firmware for embedded electronic systems.
- Design and build applications and services in the area of telecommunications based on object-oriented software, in both static and iterative development frameworks, such as software-defined radio systems, coding and decoding standards for audiovisual content, and firmware for embedded electronic systems.
- Design and implement, in the area of telecommunications and its applications, projects that are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally friendly.
- Integrate telecommunications engineering technologies and systems of a general nature in broader, more multidisciplinary contexts, such as automobiles and mobility, bioengineering, telemedicine and smart cities.
- Individually produce, and present and defend before an examination committee, an original work consisting of an engineering project of a professional nature in the field of information and communication technologies that draws on and demonstrates the competencies acquired on the master’s degree.
Designing, managing and executing projects in the field of telecommunications engineering, including projects related to:
- Radio, fibre-optic and copper-cable communications systems.
- Computer networks, the internet, local area networks (Ethernet, Wi-Fi).
- Audiovisual content distribution systems: voice networks, video and television distribution networks, and streaming and peer-to-peer (P2P) networks.
- Mobile phone networks.
- Radionavigation, positioning systems (GNSS).
- Information processing systems: coding, compression, error correction, image recognition, recognition of video sequences, voice recognition, voice generation.
- Artificial intelligence systems based on structured data (textual information) and unstructured data (video, speech).
- Security in communication networks: cryptography, user authentication, digital signatures.
- Electronic circuits and components: microprocessors, devices (routers, switches, etc.), sensors, actuators, transducers.
- Analogue and digital electronic technology: electronic instrumentation, medical electronics, consumer electronics, control systems, robotics, automation, etc.
- Microtechnology and nanotechnology.
- Applications in bioengineering, telemedicine, e-commerce platforms, smart cities, sensor networks, smart homes, green computing, cloud computing, etc.
- Management and administration of telecommunications companies, including both firms oriented towards planning and design and those involved primarily in the execution of engineering projects.
- Freelance work as an adviser and consultant in the field of telecommunications engineering.
- Sales engineering.
- Public administration: as a member of the statutory or contractual staff of a technical unit of any public administration (in the European Union, Spain, autonomous communities and cities) in the areas of telecommunications and ICT innovation.
- Research, development and innovation: research at public or private centres, or in the RDI departments of large companies.
- Teaching at public and private universities.
About this institute
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
The Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech is a public institution of Higher Education and Research, specialised in the areas of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology. The UPC offers 64 bachelor’s degrees, 75 master’s programs (30 of them fully in...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Advanced Telecommunication Technologies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!