Master's Degree in Quantum Science and TechnologyUniversitat de Barcelona
About this program
Master's Degree in Quantum Science and Technology
The master provides advanced knowledge to develop cutting-edge research both theoretical and experimental in quantum simulation, quantum computing, quantum sensors, quantum communications, as well as in purely formal theoretical aspects. Various universities, research centers and companies actively participate in teaching the master's degree.
The master's degree in Quantum Science and Technologies is the result of the coordinated effort of the University of Barcelona, the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, the Institute of Photonic Sciences, the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the Institute of High Energy Physics and the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. It arises in parallel to the establishment of the emerging community in Quantum Technologies, QuantumCat.
- In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
The master's degree in Quantum Science and Technologies is aimed at graduates in Physics, Physical Engineering or equivalent degrees who want to continue specialization studies in Quantum Science and Technologies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
ECTS credits: 60
The fundamental objectives of the master's degree are on the one hand to provide a solid education in theoretical physics and quantum information theory and to offer a variety of elective subjects to form a forward-looking study plan oriented to the development of quantum science and technology. In this way, it seeks to complement theoretical knowledge with essential experimental methods and tools to strengthen experimentally oriented careers. Likewise, the master's degree will contribute decisively to building a solid academic environment that allows students to pursue successful research careers. Finally, it seeks to take advantage of the robust environment of research groups and companies with a strong interest in Quantum Science and Technologies in the Barcelona area.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Universitat de Barcelona
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Quantum Science and Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!