Master's Degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Nanoscience and nanotechnology are disciplines at the cutting-edge of scientific knowledge. They combine aspects of basic and applied sciences applied to specific fields, such as biotechnology, medicine, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, physics, materials engineering, sciences and electronic engineering. Nanoscience and nanotechnology are therefore key areas of interdisciplinary research and development, in which activity is increasing across the globe.
The master's degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at the University of Barcelona is taught in English and intended for students with an academic background in science.
The aim of the master's degree is to provide students with professional competences in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology, for industry and science. Students must be capable of addressing problems that require interdisciplinary skills. On completion of the master's degree, graduates will be equipped to work on creative tasks in a new scientific or technological environment and form part of interdisciplinary research groups. The compulsory subjects are designed to bolster this interdisciplinarity. The practical component of the optional subjects is very useful for the development of different types of applications for society. Therefore, the focus of the master's degree could be suitable for a career in either the public or private sector.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The main aim of nanoscience and nanotechnology is to understand and control the fundamental structure of matter at the nanometric scale, and to use this knowledge to design and develop new products and systems that could affect a wide range of areas of special socioeconomic significance, for example:
- Medicine and pharmacy
- Food and industrial agriculture
- The aerospace industry
- Sociotechnological information
- Environmental science
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!