Master's Degree in Environmental EngineeringUniversitat de Barcelona
Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering
The master's degree in Environmental Engineering provides advanced training related to the control of environmental pollution and the protection of public health, which will allow graduates to tackle the environmental problems affecting society today, many of which are related to air, water and soil pollution and the generation of waste. The goal of the program is to teach participants to analyse and diagnose problems and to adopt the most appropriate solution as well as to be able to conceive and design facilities and services and ensure optimum operating efficiency.
The master's degree program has a clear orientation towards research, which will allow participants to conduct applied research in the field of environmental engineering from a global perspective, covering all aspects of evaluation, minimization, management, optimization, process efficiency and treatment technologies.
The program has a total study load of 60 ECTS credits and is intended for graduates with scientific or technical backgrounds who are interested in pursuing a career related to innovation and the development and application of technologies for the diagnosis and resolution of environmental problems.
Graduates with a university master's degree in Environmental Engineering will be able to carry out their professional activity in both the private (production or treatment plants, laboratories, engineering firms, etc.) and public sectors (public administration and or other public bodies).
The course is also available in Catalan.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, students wishing to be admitted to a university master's degree must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Official Spanish university degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification issued by an institution outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, applicants must request homologation of the degree to its equivalent official Spanish university qualification or obtain express approval from the University of Barcelona, which will conduct a study of equivalence to ensure that the degree is of a comparable level to an official Spanish university qualification and that it grants access to university master's degree study in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In this programs, students will learn the skills to:
- Analyse and formulate solutions to environmental problems;
- Adopt the most appropriate solutions through modern and eco-efficient management practices;
- Conceive and design facilities and services;
- Ensure that such facilities and services operate at optimum efficiency.
One of the principal objectives of this master's degree is provide a detailed practical understanding of environmental technology. However, given the increasing environmental demands and the wealth of technological challenges our society is witnessing, research and development of new tools for environmental evaluation, minimization, management and, above all, treatment has become an equally important objective.
Therefore, this master's degree has a strong orientation towards research, which will enable graduates to conduct applied research in the field of environmental engineering from a global perspective, including all aspects of evaluation, minimization, management, optimization, process efficiency and treatment technologies for all types of effluents and wastes which will prevent or alleviate the effects of human activities on the environment.
Graduates of the Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering will be prepared for careers in both the private sphere at processing and treatment plants, laboratories, and engineering firms, for example and in the public sector in tasks related to waste management, wastewater treatment and management, air pollution, soil remediation, renewable energies, applied research in the field of environmental engineering, etc.
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!