Master's Degree in Applied Materials ChemistryUniversitat de Barcelona
About this program
Master's Degree in Applied Materials Chemistry
The specific objective of the master's degree focuses on providing students with the interdisciplinary training, both theoretical and practical, needed to conduct research, development and control in the materials area within research centres and in the private sector.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, students wishing to be admitted to a university master's degree must hold one of the following qualifications:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification issued by an institution outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, applicants must request homologation of the degree to its equivalent official Spanish university qualification or obtain express approval from the University of Barcelona, which will conduct a study of equivalence to ensure that the degree is of a comparable level to an official Spanish university qualification and that it grants access to university master's degree study in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The objective of the master's degree is to provide students with a knowledge and understanding of materials based on chemical principles. Students will develop a foundation that enables them to develop and use the concepts of applied chemistry in flexible and original ways.
This program provides excellent training to pursue doctoral studies.
The master's degree is aimed at students who wish to further their understanding of chemistry and materials in order to specialize in research, innovation and development.
Acquired training improves the career opportunities for students in research centres or private companies in the industrial (metalurgy, petrochemistry, detergents, plastics, painting, ceramics, etc), environmental (energy, sustainability, etc) or physiological (biomaterials, therapeutics, agri-food, cosmetics, pharmacy, etc.) sectors.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Universitat de Barcelona
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Applied Materials Chemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!