Master's Degree in Advanced Immunology
Immunology is the branch of biomedical sciences concerned with the study of the physiopathology of the immune system. The study of immunology seeks to solve problems posed by complex pathologies of particular importance to public health. Through methodological development, immunology has become an essential tool in biotechnology, in the design of drugs and diagnostic instruments, and in a multitude of therapeutic applications. Immunology is a key field in biomedical research around the world.
This is directly related to the extraordinary advances in healthcare produced in the field of immunology over the past fifty years: vaccines, transplants, antibodies, anticancer therapy, cell differentiation factors, and anti-inflammatory drug therapy. The master's degree Immunology provides knowledge and skills that offer students a wide range of opportunities in many areas, such as research and education, biotechnology, medicine and veterinary science. A comprehensive understanding of the immune system also equips students to evaluate pathological processes that directly involve the immune system or are associated with other physiological systems.
The languages of instruction for this course are Spanish 67%; English 33%.
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Activation and regulation of the immune response
- Advanced Techniques in Immunology
- Advanced Immunopathology
- Master Thesis
About this institute
Universitat de Barcelona
The University of Barcelona, founded in 1450, is a comprehensive higher education institution that presents deep academic tradition coupled with frontier scientific knowledge. It is located in the city of Barcelona, one of the main cosmopolitan hubs in the Mediterranean...
Why study at Universitat de Barcelona
Why choose the University of Barcelona?
- It is the top-rated Spanish university in the most prestigious international university rankings.
- It is among the 25 best universities of the world with more than 400 years of history.
- It is situated in Barcelona, one of the best university cities in the World.
- It offers a wide range of course offerings: bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses, doctoral programs and other specific courses and programs.
Be the first to write a review!