Master in Environmental Studies (Taught in English)Universidade de Aveiro
About this program
Master in Environmental Studies (Taught in English)
The interest, opportunity and need underpinning the Master's degree in Environmental Studies are closely related to the educational perspective of the Bologna process. They also have to do with issues of social relevance, of the market and of scientific and pedagogical development.
The Master's degree in Environmental Studies aims to train professionals and researchers in the domain of the environmental sciences and engineering, developing competences in the areas of pollution and environmental management and the technologies of waste treatment. The programs will make a more comprehensive view of environmental problems possible with an interdisciplinary interpretation of the scientific areas involved.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Industrial Ecology
- Integrated Management of Natural Resources
- Introduction to Air Pollution
- Energy And Environment
- Environmental Planning
- Water Pollution
- Natural and Technological Risks
- Solid Waste
- Air Pollution And Climate Change
- Modelling Environmental Systems
- Environmental Impact Assessment
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 1000,00€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 5500€ /year
Specific objectives of the Master in Environmental Studies programs are:
- To train professionals and researchers who are engaged in environmental sciences and engineering;
- To develop competences:
- In the context of water pollution and hydrological resources;
- In the context of atmospheric pollution;
- In the context of the technologies of effluent treatment;
- In the management of hydrological resources and of solid residues;
- of intervention in the industrial environment;
- In the evaluation of environmental impacts;
- In management of the environment;
- In the interdisciplinary interpretation of the scientific areas involved
Graduates enter the international employment market working:
- with enterprises dealing with high end technological products and services
- as consultants making technology assessment and innovation /change management
- with governmental institutes dealing with innovation policy and strategy
- with relevant research and higher education institutions
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Master in Environmental Studies (Taught in English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!