Bachelor's Degree in Engineering PhysicsUniversity Carlos III of Madrid
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Physics
All available course dates
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Physics
The degree in Engineering Physics is geared toward students seeking to be a part of the creation, design and implementation of the technologies of the future in state-of the-art research centers as well as world-class technology companies.
To achieve this goal, students will acquire the fundamentals of Modern Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with their application to engineering problems in areas where scientific and technological developments go hand in hand, as is the case of Nanotechnology, Quantum Technologies and Biomaterials.
Taught in its entirety in English, this degree program has specialized laboratories where lab practicums are carried out with small-size groups. It also offers the possibility of doing internships in the sector’s most important companies.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Physics will be taught for the first time in academic year 2019-2020.
UC3M has agreements with over 6000 companies and institutions in which students can undertake internships and access job openings.
A total of 92.3% of graduates from this University enter the job market the first year after finishing their studies, according to the 2018 XXII Estudio de Insercion professional (Professional Placement Study).
It is highly advisable that the student who enters this degree has completed the Baccalaureate in Sciences modality (or, where appropriate, equivalent modalities of Baccalaureate, or similar in terms of courses taken when the student comes from other non-Spanish educational systems).
The student should have a good background in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Personal attitudes of initiative, teamwork, personal organization of work, capacity for abstraction, critical thinking and responsibility and interest for the practical application of knowledge for the resolution of real problems as well as a high level of competence in managerial skills are meritorious, as is technological management.
A high level of language skills in English, equivalent to Level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, is required, given that you will receive teaching in that language and will work with texts, materials, exercises, etc. in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Have acquired knowledge and demonstrated a deep understanding of the basic principles, both theoretical and practical, as well as the methodology of work in the fields of science and technology, with sufficient depth to be able to function with ease in them;
- Power, through arguments, strategies or procedures developed by them, apply their knowledge and skills to the resolution of complex technological problems that require the use of creative and innovative ideas;
- Have the ability to search, collect and interpret data and relevant information on which to base their conclusions including, when necessary and relevant, reflection on matters of a social, scientific or ethical nature in the field of their field of study;
- Be able to cope with complex situations or require the development of new solutions in the academic, work or professional field within their field of study;
- Know how to communicate clearly and accurately to all types of audiences (specialized or not), knowledge, methodologies, ideas, problems and solutions within the scope of their field of expertise;
- Be able to identify their own needs and training needs in their field of specialty and work/professional environment and to plan and organize their own learning with a high degree of autonomy in any situation.
Scholarships & funding
Discover the various grants and scholarship programs, as well as the available calls that are offered to the students to collaborate and promote your studies as a new student at UC3M.
Don't miss out on any of these scholarships and programs - please consult the information on the university program webpage.
For more information about tuition fees for both EU and international/non-EU students, please contact the university.
Experience the academic excellence of the University Carlos III de Madrid through an innovative training that combines the rigour of traditional education with the advantages that new technologies available to students.
About this institute
Carlos III University of Madrid
The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is an innovative, teaching and research oriented university with a distinctly international profile. 41% of undergraduate students participate in international mobility programs (from 6 months to 2 years in duration) while paying the...
Why study at University Carlos III of Madrid
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!